• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Daniels headlines list of weekend visitors

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

January 17, 2008

Daniels headlines list of weekend visitors

Dave Glaser

USFBullsEYE.com

The third strike would be the hardest to take – that's why even though this official visit weekend will be small in numbers, it's big in importance for USF. This past week, the Bulls lost out on two Tallahassee Lincoln High offensive linemen, but the biggest of the Lincoln prospects, QB B.J. Daniels, remains in the mix and will be one of six prep stars on campus starting Friday . . .

http://usf.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=1074&script=content.asp&cid=763150&fid=&tid=&mid=

I really hope we can land him. Not only will it help to solidify our future needs at QB, but could allow us to make more inroads at Lincoln HS next year.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Hes the most Talented QB that we are recruiting and would be a perfect fit for the system.  At the same time i wouldn't be surprised if he made us sweat it out all the way till signing day. 

Heres some Bj for everyone to enjoy

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Hes the most Talented QB that we are recruiting and would be a perfect fit for the system.  At the same time i wouldn't be surprised if he made us sweat it out all the way till signing day. 

Heres some Bj for everyone to enjoy

Scout doesn't show Daniels visiting, by they do have Orhian Johnson coming this weekend. I'd like to land both of them.

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=9&c=6&dv=20070116&yr=2008

Scout also shows five other players visiting this weekend:

D Johnson (Miami soft verbal), J Brochaus-Kann (USF verbal), A Sanchez (USF verbal), M Lanaris (USF verbal) and Q Taylor.

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=9&c=6&dv=20080115&yr=2008

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

I see us landing B.J. daniels or Orhian Johnsen, as well as odoms or streeter and definietly  quavon taylor

• Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

I see us landing B.J. daniels or Orhian Johnsen, as well as odoms or streeter and definietly  quavon taylor

Very positive, but in my experience it always turns out differently than guessed or expected.  Kids are flakes and change their minds.

• Content Count:  2,523

Thing I like about BJ is that he scrambles to throw deep.  If he gets free, he's always looking for the bomb vs. tucking it and running and he's got great touch on the deep ball which will be perfect with the running game we'll have by the time he takes the reigns.  Then, if they do start playing us deep, he's going to have a field day picking up first downs.  Hope we can land this kid.  Him and Streeter would be a sick combination.  Should've had them on the same recruiting trip.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Player        # Pts Pass Comp Yards Comp% LPass TD PassPAT Int Sack Pass/G QBRat

BJ DANIELS 7  0  192  88    2362  45.8    86    33    1        3  24    17.5  124.6

Those are his year end stats.  Pretty darn good but there is one number that is a bit troubling.  Comp% at 45.8 is low for a highly rated HS QB.  Could have been his receivers but I remember Matt being near 60% at LGHS.

• Content Count:  2,213

What happened with DeRon Furr out of GA.  He was flirting with USF a few weeks ago.  Was he just playing us to get a promise from Auburn that he could compete for the AU QB job?

• Content Count:  2,523

45% is fine if you're hitting the 86 yard deep balls a few times a game...I'd rather have a guy who can hit the deep ball and be near 50% on the others than one who is 60% on dump downs and short routes, but can't hit guys deep.  Hitting the deep ball is what bails you out against good defenses bc even great defenses can't play perfect every down and when they slip up, they have to pay.  That was our problem this year.  In tight games where our offense was being shut down, we couldn't get the quick strike to get the guys out of the box.  Even against UCF, look how many long balls were wide open we missed in that first quarter where the WRs were open by 4-5 yards!  We missed those all year not too mention the INTs on ones that were underthrown or the ones that only ended up being long passes and not long TDs bc the WRs had to wait on the ball to catch up.  We need someone with an arm our speedy WRs can't outrun or their speed means nothing.

• Content Count:  2,213

What happened with DeRon Furr out of GA.  He was flirting with USF a few weeks ago.  Was he just playing us to get a promise from Auburn that he could compete for the AU QB job?

I checked the Auburn board and the Furr is already taking classes.  So my question is answered.

Geesh, kid says he wants to explore his options at FSU and USF and two weeks later he is taking classes at Auburn.  I hope CJL didn't so much as waste a long distance call stroking this kid's ego.

Archived