• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

On Campus Football Stadium > Renting Ray Jay by 100000 x!!  In the meantime...keep trying to catchup to UCF with your facilities.  Congrats on the new ballpark...ours is coming soon.

Basketball practice facilty and the renovated Sun Dome will be better than what you have as well.

::)

Our practice facility may end up better than theirs, but it'll take a pretty substantial Sun Dome renovation to approach their new arena.

Agreed, and that's just to approach theirs .... Ours will be just fine but only a demo and ground up build would enable us to equal theirs ... much less be better.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

On Campus Football Stadium > Renting Ray Jay by 100000 x!!  In the meantime...keep trying to catchup to UCF with your facilities.  Congrats on the new ballpark...ours is coming soon.

Basketball practice facilty and the renovated Sun Dome will be better than what you have as well.

Typical response. I'm not saying that your arena isn't nice, because it is. Ours, with the huge practice facility attached, is going to look better.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Our practice facility may end up better than theirs, but it'll take a pretty substantial Sun Dome renovation to approach their new arena.

Agreed, and that's just to approach theirs .... Ours will be just fine but only a demo and ground up build would enable us to equal theirs ... much less be better.

We're putting enough capital into it. The inside of the new Sun Dome is going to be equal to, if not better than what they have.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

O'Leary is a douche bag, and maybe he should let him go b/c he this guy does not want to be apart of the team, but at the same time I don't totally fault him.  Smith committed to Louisville then leaves to goto UCF and then tries to back out. Come on. I don't really feel sorry for him being indecisive and not loyal.

We're putting enough capital into it. The inside of the new Sun Dome is going to be equal to, if not better than what they have.

I really hope you're right but will believe it when I see it ...

Guest nybullsfan

I will never, ever, step foot in the UCF football stadium. When that thing collapses, a lot of people are going to die.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I'm sure some hometown boosters and fans have likely been in touch with Smith or at least via online or something. But you can't put that on UL or the coaching staff. Boosters are their own breed, and some of them are the worst types that will do anything to get a player to come there, even though they know it's a crapshoot if the recruit actually pans out.

As for the coaches, the coach is a businessman when he recruits. Will Stein isn't Sam Bradford. Strong knows this. Stein himself knows this. But he's the tenured guy right now with some game experience. Smith says he has a legit commit over a year ago when Strong came in. Bridgewater visits, and commits. Smith should still have committed. Either of them could likely beat out Will Stein, and if Smith gets beat out by Bridgewater so be it. Either be a backup, or switch positions.

I'm not lying much of this on UCF. Smith may be good enough to play 2-3 years, or he may not be. He made the decision to skirt UL in hopes of playing sooner at UCF, but if he's not willing to wait 2-3 years to start at either place, he's just naive like most 18 year old recruits are when they go from being the star to a pine rider for a year or two - the competition is upped. UCF has a 3-4 year starter in the making, and a very competent backup. They could probably let Smith go without too much issue like others have said, but I can see that an LOI is an LOI.

Ultimately, this falls on Smith. He's realizing he made a mistake, but the chips have fallen and he needs to play the hand he was dealt. Even if he grew up a UL fan and was going to play there, nothing is guaranteed, and Bridgewater's arrival proved that. ALWAYS have a backup plan. Apparently, Smith's backup plan wasn't very good, as walking into UCF was even more difficult since Godfrey is much more established, regardless of what someone may have told him about Godfrey moving positions.

In the end, I see UCF keeping him, and he'll learn to be a good backup, or he'll have to transfer and sit out a year. I think he should suck it up, compete, and maybe win the backup job. All it takes is one play/injury and he'll be on the main stage.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I will never, ever, step foot in the UCF football stadium. When that thing collapses, a lot of people are going to die.

Me neither, but for a completely differnet reason.  UCF fans are by far the worst fans ever.  I will not subject myself to their ****** fanbase.  I did that twice in 2006 & 2008.  The ironic thing is that they seemed to be more drunk, obnoxious and hateful in 2008 than in 2006.  Maybe it was their high and mighty "durrr...look at our stay-dee-yumm" mentality.  Who knows.

Regardless, I will never go back.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

Me neither, but for a completely differnet reason.  UCF fans are by far the worst fans ever.  I will not subject myself to their ***** fanbase.  I did that twice in 2006 & 2008.  The ironic thing is that they seemed to be more drunk, obnoxious and hateful in 2008 than in 2006.  Maybe it was their high and mighty "durrr...look at our stay-dee-yumm" mentality.  Who knows.

Regardless, I will never go back.

talk about an overreaction. I guess you have never been around an fsu-miami or fsu-uf tailgate/ gameday weekend to see what goes on. go to a golf tournament or tennis match so you don't have to hear those mean drunk fans. It's funny USF's school newspaper wrote an article on UCF's recruiting drama, but we're not rivals  :D

It's funny USF's school newspaper wrote an article on UCF's recruiting drama, but we're not rivals  :D

What's funny is that you don't know the difference between an article and an editorial ...  ;)