• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Different needs too.

If a school like us loads up on offensive and defensive linemen, and another school is stocking up on skill players (I know UCF needs receivers, not sure what else), the skill players/athletes usually rank higher than linemen.

Compare sizes of the linemen of each schools' recruits, and compare WR - DB/LB and RB sizes and there may be differences there.

And I don't care if they "out recruit" us. That's subjective. Clemson out recruits 95% of the teams in Division I, and what exactly do they have to show for it?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Yeah, I agree with Dan, we are not loading up on the skill players this year.  Shoot, their highest rated recruit is a JC transfer.  I wouldn't call they're recruiting knocking it out of the park...  Pure online masturbation by Brandon's zealot's.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Smazza - you do realize that this is the first year of Holtz recruting, right?  Give it some time dude.

Besides, UCF's best signing was a player that Miami did not want.  Golden saw how bad this kid's attitude and work ethic were and ran away from him.  If he works out at UCF that's great - but I doubt he will last.  I thought O'Liar was above doing such things?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

They signed 7 more guys than we did.  That helps boost their rankings, even though that's 3 over the max allowed.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

day/week is not over yet....there is a chance 2 more 4* could be part of the class but even if they are not I'm satisfied how we're recruiting from CUSA

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Well, maybe we can meet them on the field in the next 4 years.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Smazza - you do realize that this is the first year of Holtz recruting, right?  Give it some time dude.

Besides, UCF's best signing was a player that Miami did not want.  Golden saw how bad this kid's attitude and work ethic were and ran away from him.  If he works out at UCF that's great - but I doubt he will last.  I thought O'Liar was above doing such things?

i will give holtz benefit ofthe doubt but he needs to do much better next year

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Well, maybe we can meet them on the field in the next 4 years.

that wouldbe great if series can be restarted

orlandoschool isgetting lotsof publicity

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Things to remember on the recruit rankings; we only signed 21 players, and we are heavy (no pun intended) on linemen.  Linemen generally get less stars than the skill position players.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

UCF won one of its biggest recruiting battles of coach George O'Leary's tenure when Denver linebacker Leilon Willingham picked the Knights over Michigan and Colorado.

Willingham and receiver Rayshon Williams, teammates at Denver's Mullen High, announced they were signing letters of intent to play at UCF during a ceremony at their school Thursday morning, according to the Denver Post.

Williams, a three-star athlete and cousin of former UCF star receiver Brandon Marshall, was expected to sign with the Knights.

Willingham, a four-star athlete rated one of the top two prospects out of Colorado, had narrowed his options to Michigan, Colorado and UCF before ultimately picking the Knights.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sign up for our new Varsity Sports newsletter and get high school sports updates delivered right to your inbox.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There were rumors throughout Wednesday that Willingham was a favorite to go to Michigan, Colorado or UCF, with his position seemingly constantly changing.

Schools were closed in Colorado due to freezing temperatures, prompting Willingham and Williams to delay signing their letters of intent. UCF officials hoped they might receive letters from some prospects despite bad weather in other parts of the country on Wednesday afternoon, but the Denver duo never signed and faxed their letters.

UCF has not certified the Willingham and Williams letters of intent yet.

UCF coach George O'Leary and his staff are still hoping to get one more letter of intent. Louisville (Ky.) Seneca quarterback DaMarcus Smith, a four-star prospect, is slated to announce his school on Friday. Smith committed to Louisville, but Kentucky media outlets reported throughout signing day that he was heavily favoring UCF.