• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

The fact of the matter is...UCF's recruiting is better than half of the Big East this year (including USF) in rankings, period.  You can't shrug that off knowing that if UCF can recruit with USF or even rank higher with a non-BCS conference tag...just imagine what it'd be like for UCF with one?  Scary thought...for USF. 

Not sure how many times this has to be pointed out to get it through your thick head but the important criteria as high as we are is average star. You're 3rd in your own conference in that category and would be 6th in the BE .... and stop with the "imagine" stuff. It's just like saying "What IF?". If you want to play the assclown, at least wait until you DO get the BCS tag.

Not really sure average star could be used here either.  Your two 4 star guys mean more since you signed less kids.

Good, we agree that trying to prove which class is better, since we're so close together, is pretty much impossible ...

In the end, UCF is VERY happy with our class this year

You should be, it's a good class .... even though it is 3rd in your conference.

Yes, it is ranked ahead of yours by quite a ways

I wouldn't call 6 spots "quite a ways' but if it makes you feel better, go for it...

Were it the other way around, Trip would be on here bragging like crazy.

LOL, the next time I preemptively spout off about something as subjective as a recruiting class will be the first.

Welcome back, Mav. I guess this moral victory has you feeling kind of feisty again ...  :D

Ther is no "winning" here so not sure of the moral victory reference.  My post was simply to show the hypocrasy so prevelant from Heifers on this board.  And most of the reason I don't come here anymore.

And I'm sure your board is the epitome of rationality ....

I just find it interesting to come over here to witness it every now and then.

Hmmm mm ...

In the end, UCF's recruiting class is better (according to Rivals) than 5 other BE teams.  You only have 8 teams in the league so our ranking puts us on par with many of the programs in the league THIS YEAR!  That was the point.

Fascinating ... Of course, you were only 3rd in your own conference by those magical rankings ... Shouldn't THAT be your main focus at this time, not us or the BE? You're losing ground where it REALLY counts... if you insist on playing this recruiting game.

But again, UCF is doing this without the benefit of having a BCS tag to sell.  Now, they may be selling a kid on the possibility.  But that is still just a possibility

Like I mentioned elsewhere, somebody is doing a helluva sales job over there ..

You know you would like it if I came back Trip.  Admit it!  ;D

Honestly, Chad has been doing a yeoman's job playing the part of MavTechKNIGHT2 since you've been gone .... There were even times that I harbored the thought it might be you incognito.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709
  • Days Won:  0

The fact of the matter is...UCF's recruiting is better than half of the Big East this year (including USF) in rankings, period.  You can't shrug that off knowing that if UCF can recruit with USF or even rank higher with a non-BCS conference tag...just imagine what it'd be like for UCF with one?  Scary thought...for USF. 

Not sure how many times this has to be pointed out to get it through your thick head but the important criteria as high as we are is average star. You're 3rd in your own conference in that category and would be 6th in the BE .... and stop with the "imagine" stuff. It's just like saying "What IF?". If you want to play the assclown, at least wait until you DO get the BCS tag.

Not really sure average star could be used here either.  Your two 4 star guys mean more since you signed less kids.

Good, we agree that trying to prove which class is better, since we're so close together, is pretty much impossible ...

I wouldn't call 6 spots "quite a ways' but if it makes you feel better, go for it...

LOL, the next time I preemptively spout off about something as subjective as a recruiting class will be the first.

Welcome back, Mav. I guess this moral victory has you feeling kind of feisty again ...  :D

Ther is no "winning" here so not sure of the moral victory reference.  My post was simply to show the hypocrasy so prevelant from Heifers on this board.  And most of the reason I don't come here anymore.

Hmmm mm ...

In the end, UCF's recruiting class is better (according to Rivals) than 5 other BE teams.  You only have 8 teams in the league so our ranking puts us on par with many of the programs in the league THIS YEAR!  That was the point.

Fascinating ... Of course, you were only 3rd in your own conference by those magical rankings ... Shouldn't THAT be your main focus at this time, not us or the BE? You're losing ground where it REALLY counts... if you insist on playing this recruiting game.

But again, UCF is doing this without the benefit of having a BCS tag to sell.  Now, they may be selling a kid on the possibility.  But that is still just a possibility

You know you would like it if I came back Trip.  Admit it!   ;D

Honestly, Chad has been doing a yeoman's job playing the part of MavTechKNIGHT2 since you've been gone .... There were even times that I harbored the thought it might be you incognito.

If I came back under a different name, it wouldn't be CHAD!  :)

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I can't believe people here are still worried about UCF.  I can understand the obsession the other way around, but let's get over UCF already.  If UCF becomes a C-USA power, good for them.  They just had their best recruiting class ever, and we just had our smallest class and coaching turnover.  If their class is more or less around the same as ours, it proves we are way ahead.

I now root for UCF, the more Florida teams doing well, the better.  Let's get over the inferiority complex.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  26

it doesn't bother me because he is the OL i liked least in this class. 

That may be your opinion, but Lane Kiffin disagrees with you. I'm sure you're all aware he once committed to Tennessee, fate would have it that Kiffin and National Power Southern Cal offered and tried to steal him. Fortunately for UCF, that was too far away from home.

Hmmm mm ...

You know you would like it if I came back Trip.  Admit it!   ;D

If I came back under a different name, it wouldn't be CHAD!  :)

Wasn't Chad one of the Verizon Wireless guys .... or one of those other cell phone company ads?

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  476

The grapes are going to get more sour.  Our coach said Jose Jose had an offer from USC (as in the trojans) and he still picked us.  Sorry all.

The grapes are going to get more sour.  Our coach said Jose Jose had an offer from USC (as in the trojans) and he still picked us.  Sorry all.

I'm sure USC fans are decimated by this news ...

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

:ROFLMAO

Sure he did.  So did I, and my cousin.  Right.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  476

:ROFLMAO

Sure he did.  

http://ucf.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=71&tid=131254499&mid=131254499&sid=908&style=2

::) :moon2 :ROFLMAO

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

So its an even numbered year, this means that ucf goes 4-8 right?