• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

1) Built an on-campus 45,000 seat football stadium.

2) Built a 10,000 seat state-of-the-art Basketball Arena

KL, the football stadium is not state-of-the-art?

If today was April 1st...my answer would be: "Sure! Of course it is!!"

But like 95% of all college football stadiums...it is adequate...but more importantly, its ON CAMPUS.

Having to go to games at the Citrus Bowl for 2 plus decades...I would have taken ANYTHING on campus over that dump...but BHNS turned out much nicer than I had originally thought...but as I noted in the very beginning...the UCF Arena is really the crown jewel/hidden gem of all the projects...as it is a very SWEET on-campus facility.

Q: USC, Miami, and Pittsburgh... what do they all have in common?

Answer...Pitt and Miami now play in front of tens of thousands of empty seats in NFL Stadiums in their metro area.

USC on the other hand...plays in basically THEIR stadium which is located RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET FROM CAMPUS (as everyone who has gone to a game there knows), and actually, more of their campus is closer to the Coliseum vs UCF's Southside of campus is located to BHNS.

What was your point again?

My point was that you DO NOT need an on campus stadium to establish tradition or become a good football program. As mentioned, some schools have done well without it, and USF is doing VERY WELL impressing recruits about playing on the best playing field in the NFL. Miami is a SMALL PRIVATE schools that has a large out-of-state fan base, much different. PITT did pretty well attendance-wise this year, but they are still a much smaller schools than USF. USC had MAJOR attendance issues before Pete Carrol resurrected their program. USF will establish tradition and excellent football without an on campus stadium, and the tailgating is very good although not like on campus....

Knight clown spin in 1....  2.....  3.....

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

USF will establish tradition and excellent football without an on campus stadium, and the tailgating is very good although not like on campus....

Unless the OCS goes somewhere that I can't imagine, the tailgating will be far worse on campus than it is now ...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Below please find everything I ever wanted to know about UCF:

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

1) Built an on-campus 45,000 seat football stadium.

2) Built a 10,000 seat state-of-the-art Basketball Arena

KL, the football stadium is not state-of-the-art?

If today was April 1st...my answer would be: "Sure! Of course it is!!"

But like 95% of all college football stadiums...it is adequate...but more importantly, its ON CAMPUS.

Having to go to games at the Citrus Bowl for 2 plus decades...I would have taken ANYTHING on campus over that dump...but BHNS turned out much nicer than I had originally thought...but as I noted in the very beginning...the UCF Arena is really the crown jewel/hidden gem of all the projects...as it is a very SWEET on-campus facility.

Leavitt and the USF supporters don't want a half ass job tin can death trap with no water fountains. We are spoiled with RJS and enjoy it. There is no sense building a crappy stadium for the sake of having an OCS. Do it right the 1st time and build onto it is our motto. I also believe tailgating at RJS would be better than OC. Enjoy your unstable erector set.

I think Trip is simply out to establish the board's all time longest thread...

He's less than 8000 away from the "Tired of Politics" marathon...

Trip, I think you need to add some boobies to the thread.

:D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I think Trip is simply out to establish the board's all time longest thread...

He's less than 8000 away from the "Tired of Politics" marathon...

And your thread will be here soon enough ......  >:(

Trip, I think you need to add some boobies to the thread.

I think K_L and flsportsfan83 are plenty ............. ah, you said boobies .... my bad.

My thread about the UCF dunking dude is bad?  How will people ever know the number of hot UCF topics if they all get combined as drivel?

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  476

Michael Jordan's son to play for UCF!

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

Son of Tar Heel and NBA Legend Michael Jordan has committed to UCF!!!!  How the hell did they get a verbal commitment from him?

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711

Add to that Nik Garcia (also from IL) a three star Rivals Top 150 SG, today.  It's a pretty strong class that also includes big man, Keith Clanton who chose UCF over South Carolina and USF.  Maybe it's the style of play or the chance to play...or just maybe they like our pretty arena.  Who knows...but they're coming to UCF...that's all that matters.