• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

he comes on an athletics board and talks about academics. goes to show you how bad ucf athletics are when the only comeback he has is about academics

UCF has pulled away plenty from USF this year in recruiting head to head.  The occassional 2 year Juco only means bandaids and breathmints as far as plugging holes on a team.  Ask our former coach.  We used to get all these 4 star guys, go look at our 2002 class.  All that gets you is a chocolate yoo hoo and the St. Pete bowl.   

Wait, your arguement is that you are recruiting better than us, because its bad to get 4 star recruits?

2 star recruits that turn out great are exceptions not rules. Its as stupid as the argument that 40 time doesnt matter in the nfl because sometimes slow players turn out good

This is another delusional UCF fan, living in fantasy land. These type of arguments are to be expected.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

he comes on an athletics board and talks about academics. goes to show you how bad ucf athletics are when the only comeback he has is about academics

UCF has pulled away plenty from USF this year in recruiting head to head.  The occassional 2 year Juco only means bandaids and breathmints as far as plugging holes on a team.  Ask our former coach.  We used to get all these 4 star guys, go look at our 2002 class.  All that gets you is a chocolate yoo hoo and the St. Pete bowl. 

you had 3 4-star JuCos in 2002.  So what?  Andre Hall and Craig Marshall are working out just fine for us.  Just because your coaches can't get JuCos to play doesn't mean ours can't.

Take away our JuCo's, and hell, all of our post grads, and we still have a much better class than you.  To think otherwise is to not live in reality.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Ok, so assuming that all 5 jucos tank, that leaves us with 4-4star and 11-3star recruits to work with. If Jayron Hosley signs as expected that will be another 4star.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204

You've guys have pulled away a bunch of two stars from us probably.  Wow.  UCF's class can't even approach USF's even without the JUCO players. 

And I have no problem getting these JUCO players.  They can help you more quickly and they've had to put in some effort to become eligible.  FSU wanted JPP but was unable to get him due to ACC rules.  UCF would've loved to have him but he would've been disinterested a soon as Nebraska, Arizona, and USF came offering.  The Big 12, PAC-10, and Big East are on TV a lot more than CUSA is.

I get that you have an inferiority complex and need to prop yourself up any way that you can, but you'd be better serve getting into it with someone more on your level.  I'm sure you've done pretty well in comparison to FIU.  That's where you are so why don't you go pester them and leave the big boys alone.

• Content Count:  1,037

I love how UCiF fans ALWAYS have to resort to the lame academics arguments on message boards that were meant to discuss football. Anyway, USF has improved it's academic profile every year, and they have gotten a big boost from having a GOOD football team. I believe the number of applicants for this year's class are higher than ever before, and this is expected to be our best class ever. For that reason, I don't expect UCF's numbers to keep rising. Sorry, you can't keep increasing enrollment and standards while competing against other in-state schools that are improving as well.

As for football, I heard that some UCF fans puked when they heard that JPP committed to us. Link below:

Re: I will puke when USF lands Jason Pierre Paul 1/21 10:26 PM

Re: Wow, USF will be dominating Big East soon...its sad 1/21 10:03 PM

Re: I never thought USF would beat us in anything pride related.... 1/21 4:10 PM

Re: I never thought USF would beat us in anything pride related.... 1/21 4:01 PM

http://usf.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1228&tid=120146915&mid=120146915&sid=1074&style=2

Funny stuff.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I guess Football isn't a point of pride for UCF... so the 4 losses to USF don't count for "beating them in anything pride related".

They should just shut down the program now.  Get it over with.

• Topic Count:  103
  • Content Count:  5,241

I guess all that head to head recruiting really helped them lose 4 times to us.

• Content Count:  1,037

This was 2 years ago. He has since added 30lbs to his frame. :o

• Content Count:  254

our recruiting classes and talent are so superior to ucf its hilarious

O'Leary tends not to drink from the fountain of junior college.  He espouses building the way of ancient Egyptians.  One pyramid block at a time.  Therefore the foundation is set not on shaky ground, but on solid.

Sincerely,

The 2nd most applied to school in the state.

Don't forget about the savior, the great Terry Mayo.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  476

You boys must think this class ranking is over.  O'Leary has a few more tricks left up his sleeve, ask Miami and their commits. Shhhh.