• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

The crowd support is unbelievable for the Knights and this is going to be a problem. USF is not use to playing in the hostile of an enviroment. UCF is going to play over their head tonight. We are in trouble if we don't take this crowd out of the game.

BTW UCF fans are showing USF fans what it is like to support your team. Crowd support makes a big difference. We would be much better at home if we had it.

Most of the credit goes to the current student body, as more and more students here "get it"...as in support your team/school...as I think both new facilities at UCF (arena and stadium) are making a huge impact in regards to school spirit/support...and those investments will pay dividends down the road as more and more future alumni will have a much stronger connection to UCF Sports vs those that graduating in the past (stuck watching hoops in 2 small arenas and of course football games at the run-down citrus bowl) as they will become future boosters/season ticket holders in future years in much larger numbers compared to classes in the past.

UCF's overall alumni/booster support in basketball is still rather weak (much improved though since moving into the new arena) but I see those numbers improving in the coming years...as more students hooked on UCF Sports will be graduating.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  476

How badly do you want us to lose?

Like it matters, if you run the tables any SEC team gets the nod for a BCS game.  It's just a matter of conference perception.  Therefore, my opinion is not very important.  That is all, boys.

sounds like someone is changing the subject. 

Hoops? ::)

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,037

The crowd support is unbelievable for the Knights and this is going to be a problem. USF is not use to playing in the hostile of an enviroment. UCF is going to play over their head tonight. We are in trouble if we don't take this crowd out of the game.

BTW UCF fans are showing USF fans what it is like to support your team. Crowd support makes a big difference. We would be much better at home if we had it.

Most of the credit goes to the current student body, as more and more students here "get it"...as in support your team/school...as I think both new facilities at UCF (arena and stadium) are making a huge impact in regards to school spirit/support...and those investments will pay dividends down the road as more and more future alumni will have a much stronger connection to UCF Sports vs those that graduating in the past (stuck watching hoops in 2 small arenas and of course football games at the run-down citrus bowl) as they will become future boosters/season ticket holders in future years in much larger numbers compared to classes in the past.

UCF's overall alumni/booster support in basketball is still rather weak (much improved though since moving into the new arena) but I see those numbers improving in the coming years...as more students hooked on UCF Sports will be graduating.

The crowd at last nights game was the 2nd largest ever for UCF (6K). USF has done well over that numerous times. The largest being 10K against UCONN in 2005.

And Stan Heath HAS NOT VIOLATED ANY NCAA RULES SO STOP BEING AN A$$ hat about it on your board. IF he does then you can bash him.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  15

Well since I came over BEFORE the game I figured I'd come by afterwards.  Sorry that Maltiqua was able to single-handedly keep 10 of you up all night.  We all have our message-board vigilantes.  He's apparently our version of FLSportsfan83 - but seemingly less emo.

Anyway - that was a great college basketball game.  It really was.  Nothing came easy for either team.  I know you were missing some guys - as were we (Diakite and Gaynor).  It's tough to say how much that affected us since we're talking about freshmen in a cast full of freshmen.  What we lost in Gaynor inside was made up for by surprising performances by Davis and Zondevan.

Look - this thread has been crapped out.  There's nothing to say about football.  It is what it is - and we are on the losing side of that.  Even when you gave us the game - we weren't good enough to beat you either time (06, 08). 

Basketball - 18-5.  I dig it. Since this was our first win against you since 1994...I have to wonder if that means 3 of our wins came as a DII team - which makes me wonder why you even throw that stat around?  That's worse than losing to Bethune-Cookman.  But it's your stat to throw around so do with it as you wish.

Last night was a great game.  Vega - you've lost a lot of credibility with me going back to the Clanton thread on the prospect board.  You seem to know a lot about the game - but have an incredible bias.  Why did Clanton choose UCF?  Your analysis - he didn't want to compete against the best.  My analysis (which incidentally matches what he said) - he liked the fan support. 

You guys also make yourselves sound even worse when you say "Oh look - this is UCFs final four"  because our fans are loud and our coach is pumped up.  Crazy story - that's how most schools with successful programs are EVERY night.  You guys have a great coach in Jim Leavitt and I've seen him get crazy against some bad teams.  We undoubtedly had a higher than usual turnout because it was an in-state game - but we had over 5K for most of C-USA play last year and the efforts to make our student section one of the best are paying off.

As long as you are citing watching a football game on TV as a reason to not go to a game in-person 60 miles away as your reason - then expect to be making excuses for kids like Clanton coming to UCF instead of USF for many years to come.  Frankly, your support is terrible and your team deserves better.

Honestly, how the HELL could you compare me to FlaSportsFan?  That's seriously offensive.  I think you're a Bull suck-up because you're afraid of a little confrontation.  Man up dork.

Look, I'm not the only one who feels that USF dodges UCF any chance it can get.  To the guy that said they didn't have program a decade ago, if you don't even know when your program was started how can you argue with me over our histroy??  If you take an objective look, it's seems obvious to me.  What OTHER reason can you give me for them ending the series given the money, the fan support and the natural feel to it?  Makes no sense.

Well since I came over BEFORE the game I figured I'd come by afterwards.  Sorry that Maltiqua was able to single-handedly keep 10 of you up all night.  We all have our message-board vigilantes.  He's apparently our version of FLSportsfan83 - but seemingly less emo.

Anyway - that was a great college basketball game.  It really was.  Nothing came easy for either team.  I know you were missing some guys - as were we (Diakite and Gaynor).  It's tough to say how much that affected us since we're talking about freshmen in a cast full of freshmen.  What we lost in Gaynor inside was made up for by surprising performances by Davis and Zondevan.

Look - this thread has been crapped out.  There's nothing to say about football.  It is what it is - and we are on the losing side of that.  Even when you gave us the game - we weren't good enough to beat you either time (06, 08). 

Basketball - 18-5.  I dig it. Since this was our first win against you since 1994...I have to wonder if that means 3 of our wins came as a DII team - which makes me wonder why you even throw that stat around?  That's worse than losing to Bethune-Cookman.  But it's your stat to throw around so do with it as you wish.

Last night was a great game.  Vega - you've lost a lot of credibility with me going back to the Clanton thread on the prospect board.  You seem to know a lot about the game - but have an incredible bias.  Why did Clanton choose UCF?  Your analysis - he didn't want to compete against the best.  My analysis (which incidentally matches what he said) - he liked the fan support. 

You guys also make yourselves sound even worse when you say "Oh look - this is UCFs final four"  because our fans are loud and our coach is pumped up.  Crazy story - that's how most schools with successful programs are EVERY night.  You guys have a great coach in Jim Leavitt and I've seen him get crazy against some bad teams.  We undoubtedly had a higher than usual turnout because it was an in-state game - but we had over 5K for most of C-USA play last year and the efforts to make our student section one of the best are paying off.

As long as you are citing watching a football game on TV as a reason to not go to a game in-person 60 miles away as your reason - then expect to be making excuses for kids like Clanton coming to UCF instead of USF for many years to come.  Frankly, your support is terrible and your team deserves better.

Honestly, how the HELL could you compare me to FlaSportsFan?  That's seriously offensive.  I think you're a Bull suck-up because you're afraid of a little confrontation.  Man up dork.

Look, I'm not the only one who feels that USF dodges UCF any chance it can get.  To the guy that said they didn't have program a decade ago, if you don't even know when your program was started how can you argue with me over our histroy??  If you take an objective look, it's seems obvious to me.  What OTHER reason can you give me for them ending the series given the money, the fan support and the natural feel to it?  Makes no sense.

I would say about 95% of UCiF fans know why the series is ending. Go ask someone else why USF is ending the series. IF YOU ARE STILL IN DOUBT, GO BEG FSU AND UF TO GIVE YOU A SERIES, SEE WHAT THEY SAY.

So USF dodged the greatest UCF team EVER? To the tune of 64-12.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

ucfknights04 a Bull suck up? ..... What little credibility you may have had took a huge hit with that "informed" observation ...

What OTHER reason can you give me for them ending the series given the money, the fan support and the natural feel to it?  Makes no sense.

Until the Bulls get their own stadium, the money factor isn't that big a deal. Considering we didn't sell out our allotment of tickets to the game over there this year, the fan support excuse is a weak one also .... and "natural feel to it"? LOL ... I have no idea what that means but it sounds pretty lame.

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

Some silly bball talk here.  Vega and warp are a couple of crybabies with sour grapes.  The game proved why Clanton wanted to go to UCF.  Also, unlike football, no basketball is irrelevant.  Schools like Davidson, Creighton and Gonzaga don't even have I-A football programs yet they can run with the D-I big boys.  Once again, it's simply sour grapes.

I've been to a couple of bball games since the new arena opened and the student section is always very hostile.

Thirdly, why are people using football numbers to justify basketball?  Who cares about 64-12 on the hardwood?  There were 2 games played over the last 2 years, both were good games and they were split.  USF fans, no need to make excuses.  Just take the loss with some grace and look forward to the next game.

FYI, I consider 1998 to be UCF's best ever season.  They got hosed due to conference affiliations(the lack thereof).

I don't see any excuses from anyone.  ??? UCF won fair and square. I hope we meet up in the NIT when we have two more highly touted players.

Some UCF fans crawled out their hole when they won the BBall game to stick out their chest. That is why everyone is so hostile to them.

As for the football. Maltliqua started talking about it so we just continued talking about it. Afterall this thread is aptly named "mind numbing USF/UCF drivel."

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Some silly bball talk here.  Vega and warp are a couple of crybabies with sour grapes.  The game proved why Clanton wanted to go to UCF.

You need to seriously reconsider lumping Vega in with warp. Go back and read the posts. Vega gave some props to UCF for the win and didn't get a little feisty until your mouthbreathers started to chiime in...

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I'll give UCF's student section some props; they were very loud for the game against our Bulls. Considering Gilchrist and Mercer were ineligible and 20 turnovers by USF, I'm surprised that the game was even close. Howard continues to dissapoint running the PG position. We need to get things in gear come conference time. If USF gets on a roll, our bandwagon fans will hop right back on and make the Dome one of the more intimidating places to play at in the Big East.