• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

james jones DE decommits...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Link?  We may have a couple more if we keep getting later commitments.  I wonder if the staff went to him and asked about greyshirting or anything?  Pure speculation on my part.  I thought he had a lot of potential at DT in a few years given his weightlifting background.

I heard he was going to be borderline eligibility so whether or not he got in was still in question.

that is also true.

Its like watching a press conference  :D

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I hope he did decommitt, so we have more room for some other guys, like Streeter, a DT and one of those ATHs that could be a QB.

I gotta agree that this isn't really a huge loss and gives us an extra ship to go usf on guys like Green, Odoms, Streeter, Thorton Daniles, Scott and other kids that i would rather have over Jones anyways.  Event hough LG says Jones didn't know about the Bedford commit and its really neither here nor there if he did but landing bedford makes this loss a no factor in this years class IMO. 

This kid would have ended up as a DT, not a DE.  If we get Kyhri Thornton then I will be pretty happy.  Best of luck to Jones.

I dunno hes a lil smallish to try to turn into a DT

yeah that wouldve been a pretty big transition.

He's allegedly 6'2".  He could get to 260 or so in a couple seasons.  I thought with the weightlifting background and the fact that the staff likes 6'4" and taller DEs.  Doesn't matter now.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I hope he did decommitt, so we have more room for some other guys, like Streeter, a DT and one of those ATHs that could be a QB.

I gotta agree that this isn't really a huge loss and gives us an extra ship to go usf on guys like Green, Odoms, Streeter, Thorton Daniles, Scott and other kids that i would rather have over Jones anyways.  Event hough LG says Jones didn't know about the Bedford commit and its really neither here nor there if he did but landing bedford makes this loss a no factor in this years class IMO. 

yeah but the staff had always planned to sign more than 25 because a few like Jones were expected to be last minute wait and see types from an eligibility standpoint.  I will say that Engram from Tarpon Springs is a slightly bigger and quicker then Jones.  

Don't forget too that Jones remembers that his ex-teammate, Claude Davis, who did a good job in the weightroom at Pearl River this fall.  Is undoubtedly coming back to USF after he finishes Pearl River...

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

yeah but the staff had always planned to sign more than 25 because a few like Jones were expected to be last minute wait and see types from an eligibility standpoint.  I will say that Engram from Tarpon Springs is a slightly bigger and quicker then Jones. 

Don't forget too that Jones remembers that his ex-teammate, Claude Davis, who did a good job in the weightroom at Pearl River this fall.  Is undoubtedly coming back to USF after he finishes Pearl River...

Claude is gunna be a monster once he makes it back over here!  I really can't wait, he was one of my favorite kids from last years class. 

• Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

yeah but the staff had always planned to sign more than 25 because a few like Jones were expected to be last minute wait and see types from an eligibility standpoint.  I will say that Engram from Tarpon Springs is a slightly bigger and quicker then Jones. 

Don't forget too that Jones remembers that his ex-teammate, Claude Davis, who did a good job in the weightroom at Pearl River this fall.  Is undoubtedly coming back to USF after he finishes Pearl River...

Claude is gunna be a monster once he makes it back over here!  I really can't wait, he was one of my favorite kids from last years class. 

yeah, that was one of the first things i thought of.  claude is a friggin' beast.  hes physically a clone of selvie with longer arms.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

yeah but the staff had always planned to sign more than 25 because a few like Jones were expected to be last minute wait and see types from an eligibility standpoint.  I will say that Engram from Tarpon Springs is a slightly bigger and quicker then Jones.  

Don't forget too that Jones remembers that his ex-teammate, Claude Davis, who did a good job in the weightroom at Pearl River this fall.  Is undoubtedly coming back to USF after he finishes Pearl River...

Plus, we should be getting Leslie Stirrups after he finishes Pearl River as well. We should be in good shape next year, whether we sign anyone else or not. I just hope we land Thornton, who supposedly visited FSU this past weekend.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,075
  • Days Won:  469

Greg has it now on his blog...

Archived