• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Oracle's article on the Moffitt situation

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

Ben's academic issues are protected by FERPA which is a Federal law.  Under the 14th Amendment, Federal law supersedes state law, so the Florida Sunshine law will not apply in academic privacy issues.  One thing that Mrs. Moffitt needs to be concerned about is using a state computer for non-work related activities and also possibly using work time to do Ben's work that she claims to have done.  Also, Mrs. Moffitt's sister who is a teacher and has reportedly admitted falsifying state documents (the school observation form from the College of Education) could potentially constitute a violation of the state ethics code for teachers.  These ladies need some intelligent counsel before they get themselves in trouble.  I am not taking sides here, because I don't know what has happenein schd, I am only commenting on the published reports so far.

Normal

Yea I am certain they were thinking with their heads and not their emotion. I am not passing judgement on whether the cheating happened or not, and whether or not it should be investigated. These two ladies have shown themselves to not be too bright when it comes to the consequences of their actions both now in their going public with this information and in the past in their decisions to allegedly help someone cheat in school. Definitely a top 10% in their class bunch. Go Bulls!!

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

This was reported in the Trib here:

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jan/05/sp-usf-not-likely-to-investigate-moffitt-cheating-/?sports-colleges-bulls

And the Times here:

http://www.sptimes.com/2008/01/05/Sports/USF__No_online_proble.shtml

I don't see how The Oracle reporting the exact same thing later makes them heroes.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

This was reported in the Trib here:

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jan/05/sp-usf-not-likely-to-investigate-moffitt-cheating-/?sports-colleges-bulls

And the Times here:

http://www.sptimes.com/2008/01/05/Sports/USF__No_online_proble.shtml

I don't see how The Oracle reporting the exact same thing later makes them heroes.

I think the origianl poster was commenting mainly on the way it was reported, not just what was reported. Although, to be honest, the Brett article there and the Oracle article both seem similar to me in that they focus on the academic aspect and don't bring up the personal stuff, the divorce, until almost the end of the article.

Greg's article, on the other hand, starts out with the TMZ-like first sentence of "An acrimonious divorce unfolded here Friday, an hour north of USF's campus, as the wife of senior linebacker Ben Moffitt was officially served papers for a dissolution of their five-year marriage."

• Content Count:  1,457

If the common man/woman cheats then off with their head and they are expelled.  When a "athlete" cheats (alligations) then it is a Domestic Issue - Isn't Americal the best country in the whole wide world.....

• Content Count:  4,738

if anybody cheats off with their head.

if an angry woman screams cheater after chasing everyone down on campus and going to the newspapers so somebody will listen, its a domestic issue.

• Content Count:  936

UCiF fans do agree on this, that is for sure.  If Mrs. Moffitt did not email the NCAA, someone from UCiF will (based on past experience).

Ugh.

• Content Count:  253

If the common man/woman cheats then off with their head and they are expelled.  When a "athlete" cheats (alligations) then it is a Domestic Issue - Isn't Americal the best country in the whole wide world.....

I think it's because it's a he-said / she-said accusation.  There is not any proof that validates the charges.  The papers she said she typed at work could have been handwritten by him first and re-typed by her.  Since they are married and these accusations are coming out after he filed for divorce, USF is considering it a domestic issue.  Unless one of his professors comes forward, I don't think there is much USF can do about it.  It's innocent until proven guilty, last I checked.

Archived