• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greg's new blog: Linebacker Moffitt's wife: 'He's living a lie'

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,086
  • Days Won:  469

This is the best part of that blog:

Greg:  "Yes, I know you want an update on the Ben Moffitt situation, and we'll have something later tonight."

Comments (in entirety):

Oh snap.

We need to schedule with Michigan.

Posted by: cg | January 04, 2008 at 04:59 PM

what could you possibly 'update' us on the Ben Moffitt situation? Were you classy enough to interview the children or are you polling people in Tavares and Sumter on their opinion of the couple.

You all give TMZ a run for their money!

Posted by: sb | January 04, 2008 at 05:02 PM

Agreed... leave the Moffitt situation alone. It's trash reporting and Greg, you're better than that. Stick to covering the Bulls and not the local bitter wife/divorce court proceedings.

Posted by: Jerome | January 04, 2008 at 05:28 PM

He's not listening to his readers:

"Yes, I know you want an update on the Ben Moffitt situation"

No, no we don't.

Posted by: Chet Humphrey | January 04, 2008 at 05:33 PM

i know a few guys in that news room. They're getting a huge chuckle over the stir this is causing. It's probably half the reason they continue.

Posted by: C.T. Mello | January 04, 2008 at 05:39 PM

WOW.... a post about something sports related. Finally...

Posted by: Paul Wall | January 04, 2008 at 05:43 PM

I've lost all my respect for you, Greg.

Nobody's asking all your stories to be positive, but you crossed a line.

Update on Moffitt? don't bother.

Posted by: jstewholymoly | January 04, 2008 at 05:44 PM

I still like you, Greg.

Posted by: RR | January 04, 2008 at 05:46 PM

usf needs a new beat writer

Posted by: cee | January 04, 2008 at 05:47 PM

I like your work a lot, Greg, but no, I'm not waiting for a Moffitt update--rather, I'd like to read a piece on our basketball team and the game tomorrow, and read what people have to say about that.

Posted by: Ken | January 04, 2008 at 06:16 PM

No, I do not want to hear about an update on Moffitt's divorce proceedings. Thats a PERSONAL matter between him and her and their lawyers, to make a front page story about her side of the story sounds more from what I expect from a cheap tabloid not a responsible one. I am very dissapointed at how this issue has been covered and I must say I have lost a lot of respect for the St. Pete Times.

Im not saying that negative reports USF related should not be published but we all know divorce trials get ugly and many lies are told in them. I could have seen you saying Moffitt is going thru a divorce and leave at that until the facts and the divorce is final.

As I said I am very dissapointed.

Posted by: CR | January 04, 2008 at 06:34 PM

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

USF appears to have been a vehicle for an NFL career.  However, one can not stop from thinking that so many other students are more deserving than Ben

wtf are u talking about?  Ben was deserving of his ATHLETIC scholarship because he was good at ATHLETICS, not at maintaining a family.

if there was another student at USF that was more deserving of an ATHLETIC scholarship than Ben, and could play MLB better than Ben, then they should be on the **** team.

Ben Moffitt did nothing illegal, and until/unless the allegations of academic dishonestly are substantiated with PROOF (not mere he said/she said), he has done nothing that makes him undeserving of his athletic scholarship.

jesus christ... when people start saying athletes are "undeserving" because they have family problems, the world is in trouble. 

CLEAN YOUR OWN HOUSE BEFORE PASSING JUDGMENT ON THE HOUSEHOLDS OF OTHERS... especially when u dont know all the facts.

• Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  0

I've had Ben in numerous classes and he really seems like a stand-up type of guy. This whole story just seems a little odd to me. As to the whole, " I wrote every story for him, in the fives years at USF" There needs to be some sort of hardcore proof on this subject.  She could just be saying that, because he decided to go his own way. I just feel sorry for the kids in this case.

• Content Count:  2,118

like i wrote in the other post. I want to see actual proof that Ben cheated. I dont care what he did in his own PERSONAL  life. I still think he is an amazing player. I want to see actual proof of cheating before making any decsions.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

like i wrote in the other post. I want to see actual proof that Ben cheated. I dont care what he did in his own PERSONAL  life. I still think he is an amazing player. I want to see actual proof of cheating before making any decsions.

yep.  co-sign.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

You just can not make this stuff up.  Not choosing sides - but this article is accurate for sure.  The St. Pete Times is an independent source and very accurate/reliable.

I am seriously dissapointed in Ben Moffit.  I recant my support for his play, position, and character while at USF.  How detrimental to the program - this will echo on for months.....

Ben did not Finish Strong.  Until Death Do Us Part I say. 

Not sure why this necessitated a new thread.  Was the fourteen page one not enough?

I am also not sure why people take an uncorroborated allegation and assign it enough credibility to condemn someone.  Oh, yeah, it was printed in a newspaper.  Of course it's accurate.  What was I thinking? ::)

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,086
  • Days Won:  469

Merged...

• Content Count:  2,478

[quote author=Taco Bull link=topic=44446.msg513349#msg513349 date=1199487940

I know the men on this board will find some way to disagree. But what a piece of carap. Gets married, has two kids, then leaves them. I don't care what his excuse is.... you don't abandon two kids.

• Content Count:  4,738

[quote author=Taco Bull link=topic=44446.msg513349#msg513349 date=1199487940

I know the men on this board will find some way to disagree. But what a piece of carap. Gets married, has two kids, then leaves them. I don't care what his excuse is.... you don't abandon two kids.

I don't disagree at all. That is what disapoints me the most. Is that he doesn't support HIS kids. That is messed up.

• Content Count:  4,738

sweet find bulliever

Archived