• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

the half full glass crowd

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

must be half dead

where are you?

• Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

I hope the recruting efforts of our coaching staff in December will pay off.  They sure didn't spend much time preparing for the game, by the looks of it.  In contrast, Oregon was well prepared.  It was amazing to watch them get Ben out of position and then run straight up the middle.  Preparation Kills!  We lost this game in the month leading up to the Bowl.  Oregon had a great plan and we never deviated from our tendencies.  Their O-line protected their stringbean QB like the crown jewels.  He didn't even work up a sweat.  With no pressure on their QB, our usually good secondary was picked clean.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

must be half dead

where are you?

What, you want some moral victories or something?  ;D

Speaking of whereabouts unknown, why didn't you show up at TheBullsPen.com gathering?  Your boy The Sheriff said you'd be there. 

As for the status of the glass, it's still half full.  Had we been chocked full of seniors that couldn't get it done, I'd be more worried.  We'll have some good corners to replace, but much of the team returns.  If there is any silver lining to the ass-kicking we took, it's the underclassmen deriving a better understanding of what it takes.

It was evident very early Oregon was bigger and tougher on the line than us.  The third quarter debacle was inevitable.  Our defense seemed confused.  No doubt it was disappointing.  BleacherBull nailed much of the problem, as have others on other threads I have read.  What do you expect the positive thinking fans to say?  We were wrong and now we're USC fans?

I hope you enjoyed your time in El Paso.

• Content Count:  509

must be half dead

where are you?

actually, we're half alive

• Content Count:  162

Still here...actually just ordered season tickets yesterday

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

This is not a board of the other team.  We got our as**s kicked (mine still hurts).  We (team, coaches, admin, fans) will come back next year and try again.

• Content Count:  1,412

There really isn't too much to say other than a few things:

**** we really didn't look good.  I hope we were happy to be there because that is what it looked like.

The program and its leaders will learn from this or they will change the leaders of the program. 

I don't think the players and coaches went out to lose the game!  A lot of the comments from the half empty, make it sound like they did.  We don't recruit enough talent, we don't have enough size, we don't have a QB with a strong enough arm, etc. etc. etc.

I think what the half full crowd thinks is the following:

It is not the fact that we don't want bigger, faster, stronger armed guys, it is a factor that we are competing with the likes of super-powers in the nation in our own backyard and right now we are not winning that war.  But we are gaining ground!

The half full group thinks we are doing a lot with what we are getting and recognizing a lot of good players that other teams are not recruiting.

So once again as much as I hate uf, our program is not at the level of uf, and to say we do things that fail because of lack of effort or intelligence, is a bit naive.  And if you fire us up enough we will let you know when you are going overboard. 

• Content Count:  2,363

must be half dead

where are you?

actually, we're half alive

Well done  ;D

Archived