• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Travel nightmare and stress

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

Those of us on the AA 10:20 flight out of Tampa Saturday were delayed more than an hour and a half.  Our connecting flight in Dallas was pushing back from the gate as we were pulling into the our gate.  You might think they would hold the flight to El Paso for 30+ Bulls fans.  But they didn't. 

We were given boarding passes for this morning and were told to try to fly standby for the remaining flights yesterday. They put 1 standby on the next flight so it wasn't looking good.  But the next flight, although we were told they were overbooked, miraculously allowed all of us to get on and get to El Paso only about 3 hours late.

So it worked out in the end.  But it was stressful not knowing.

The story doesn't end there.  Those of us booked at the Marriott at the airport are in the Duck's TEAM hotel.  There are a few Bulls flags on cars and hanging in windows, but the majority are obviously Ducks.  My wife started talking to a few of their players as we were coming in last night and one was a wide receiver.  I was tempted to say something about him meeting up with Messrs. Jenkins and Williams on Monday, but I resisted  :)

Anyone know of any way to get Ex Lax into 120 breakfasts on Monday morning?  Just kidding.  >:D

One more thing, if you can get to the Cattleman's east of town it is worth the drive.  Great food.  Very western, casual atmosphere.  Coyotes coming up to the window where we were seated.  Cool.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

We have a bulls flag in our window on the 6th floor. Sux this turned out to be the duck team hotel, but all the fans we talked to in the hotel bar were really cool. We had a kid from hell on the 6:55am swa flight yesterday sittimg behind me crying and drop-kicking the back of my seat the entire trip to houston. 

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

dollar car rental really screwed us up. waited FOREVER to get a car, they were out of chargers, tried to charge us extra for a 4runner, very gay.

However, the bulls fan in front of us ended up in a tan/cream colored pt cruiser, so I cant be too embarrassed.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

dollar car rental really screwed us up. waited FOREVER to get a car, they were out of chargers, tried to charge us extra for a 4runner, very gay.

However, the bulls fan in front of us ended up in a tan/cream colored pt cruiser, so I cant be too embarrassed.

Yeah... that could have been me... and not only is it cream colored, but it's a convertible. If I weren't liable for what happens to it, I would be rooting for the Border Patrol guys to mistake it for a drug smuggler's car or something and empty a few dozen clips into it while I was away.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  164

my only snafu was my bag not getting on my flight-- but it got on the next one out of Phoenix (where I was coming from after visiting my brother). It actually was not much of a nightmare all things considered since I picked it up after we went for some lunch. I thought the flight here might be a problem when a woman sat her little girl next to me when they had to split their seats-- but she was the best behaved munchkin I have ever seen.

I know-- go to bed MikeG-- you have an 8am wake up call. Nightmares be damned.

good night-- go bulls

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

Enterprise learned their reservations theory from the Seinfeld episode:

"So, you can make the reservation - you just can't hold it".

But it worked out well for me. Instead of my compact, they had to upgrade

me to a Dodge Dakota V8 4x4, with a grand total of 22 miles on it. And as a

show of appreciation for their effort, the wife and I headed over to New Mexico

and did some field testing of this vehicle.

• Content Count:  69

Hi CousinRicky,

Sat right behind you at the game SEC 8 seats 21,22; also part of the nightmare AA flight. Nice meeting the group and had a great time regardless of the score. Hope you and your wife have a safe and easy return to Tampa.

GO BULLS!!!!!!!!!!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

made the trip with no problems at all, Shoop made fun of me for being anal about double checking everything but it all went smoothly.

Car rental bonus: we had a navigation system they didn't charge us for...that thing was the best tool we had there. We only managed to get slighly lost and we were able to find everywhere we wanted to go from the car even on a whim. In fact, decided to go to Cattleman's around 8pm NYE, looked it up in the yellow pages, called the number, found out they stopped seating at 9 and made it there with 5 minutes to spare...never could've done that without the nav system.

Hope noone had major problems, I've been stuck in atlanta airport for more than 6 hours from missing connections due to the airline's fault so I definately empathize!

• Content Count:  5,241

Yeah... that could have been me... and not only is it cream colored, but it's a convertible. If I weren't liable for what happens to it, I would be rooting for the Border Patrol guys to mistake it for a drug smuggler's car or something and empty a few dozen clips into it while I was away.

lol

Turned out to be zerobullchip, better know to me as STEVE! we partied

Archived