• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sad student showing last night?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

No offense, last night i was at a Christmas Party with a good size group of USF friends and students.

No offense either but this shows just how far we have to go to with our hoops program ... maybe I'm mistaken but I'd bet that a big portion of the fans/students of most BE schools schedule parties around basketball home games.

Agreed. You can have a Christmas party anytime. I'm sure your friends wouldn't have scheduled it that day if we were in the papjohns bowl. Why should basketball be any different?

I am sorry, but my life does not revolve around the USF Athletics schedule and I am sure as hell dont care about us playing some non conference game. I live in Naples and I am not going to make the 3hr drive north for that game.

There was no apology needed .... especially since you weren't in town. My initial comment was more for locals who couldn't find the couple of hours Staurday night to go watch the Bulls play basketball.

But remember, were a football school with a basketball program right now. The fans will come when we continue to do well.

That was exactly my point .... We have a long way to get the hoops progeam where it needs to be.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

i would of went to the game if i thought it would of actually been a game.  but when you bring in a team called "st francis" and they are 3-7 on the season you dont expect much of a turnout.

of course, if i was a student and got in for free i would of been there no matter what.  but i wasnt going to pay money to go see this game, specially with only 2 shopping days before christmas

I dont blame you.  I was there and left about 5 minutes into the 2nd half.  The team they were playing wasnt even competitive.

you should pick up the Alumni season tix packet.  I got mine for $100 for the whole season.  It makes me go to games when i have nothing better to do.  I have been to every game except Cleveland State. 

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i would of went to the game if i thought it would of actually been a game.  but when you bring in a team called "st francis" and they are 3-7 on the season you dont expect much of a turnout.

of course, if i was a student and got in for free i would of been there no matter what.  but i wasnt going to pay money to go see this game, specially with only 2 shopping days before christmas

I dont blame you.  I was there and left about 5 minutes into the 2nd half.  The team they were playing wasnt even competitive.

you should pick up the Alumni season tix packet.  I got mine for $100 for the whole season.  It makes me go to games when i have nothing better to do.  I have been to every game except Cleveland State. 

you are a better fan than i would be

i hate going to bad matchups

good for you

• Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

i cant blame you

usf needs to bring in mainstream teams and not these no name sif they want fans to attend games during a holiday

why isnt there a holiday tournament?

Blame all of this on the former coach and the coach before him - both of them decimated the program.  Greenburg for latching on to BB and Altron, not recruiting anyone else, and then bailing after they graduated.  RMC for nuking the entire program because they were not his recruits, so the program never recovered under his watch.

We used to play FSU every holiday break, and no matter quality of the teams fielded by USF or FSU, people would show up for the game in Tampa because it was FSU.  Whoever killed that series was a complete moron.

Give Stan Heath some time to turn this ship around.  Stan is the man and if he cannot do it no one can.

• Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

i cant blame you

usf needs to bring in mainstream teams and not these no name sif they want fans to attend games during a holiday

Blame all of this on the former coach and the coach before him - both of them decimated the program.  Greenburg for latching on to BB and Altron, not recruiting anyone else, and then bailing after they graduated.  RMC for nuking the entire program because they were not his recruits, so the program never recovered under his watch.

We used to play FSU every holiday break, and no matter quality of the teams fielded by USF or FSU, people would show up for the game in Tampa because it was FSU.  Whoever killed that series was a complete moron.

Give Stan Heath some time to turn this ship around.  Stan is the man and if he cannot do it no one can.

interesting -- did you see the massive crowds they got for that tournament earlier in the year which had both USF and FSU on the east coast of Florida? That tournament barely drew flies

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

i cant blame you

That is such an asinine statement I don't know where to begin.  Didn't recruit anyone else?!  How about the all time assist leader in CUSA Reggie Kohn?  Yeah he sucked.  How about the all time steals leader in CUSA Ced Smith (at that time)?  He sucked as well I suppose.  Terrence Leather? Will Mcdonald?  All those guys were horrible. 

If anything SG over-promoted this program. 

FSU decided to STOP playing USF, not the other way around.

• Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

i cant blame you

That is such an asinine statement I don't know where to begin.  Didn't recruit anyone else?!  How about the all time assist leader in CUSA Reggie Kohn?  Yeah he sucked.  How about the all time steals leader in CUSA Ced Smith (at that time)?  He sucked as well I suppose.  Terrence Leather? Will Mcdonald?  All those guys were horrible. 

Over-promoted and under-achieved .... With all those players you'd think he could have won a post season game or at least gotten to the semis of the CUSA tourney.

Neither Seth nor CRM got this program to where we want it. Stan's got better credentials than either one of them..... Hopefully, all he needs is just time.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

i cant blame you

Over-promoted and under-achieved .... With all those players you'd think he could have won a post season game or at least gotten to the semis of the CUSA tourney.

Neither Seth nor CRM got this program to where we want it. Stan's got better credentials than either one of them..... Hopefully, all he needs is just time.

great points

Archived