• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Schnellenberger

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  500
  • Days Won:  0

with all the kudos they have gotten-- the one that sticks in my craw (whatever a craw is) is "they are playing in their first bowl game in only their seventh season. That's a record" or whatever

Had we gotten a bowl game in 2002 that we should have-- we would have done the same feat in only 6 years.

thanks again CUSA

But, you didn't, & "If I, coulda, shoulda, woulda" doesn't count.

Hey little guy, remind me what USF's record is against FAU in football? 7-5 wins a conference? That is terrible.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,606
  • Days Won:  424

Schnelly might have used some of CJLs tactics, but I'm not going to discount what the guy has done at all three of his college stops

No way did I mean to discount what Howard did at his three stops. I'm just saying that what he did then is completely different than what CJL has done AND what he is tryng to do at FAU. Like you said, a totally different college football landscape back then...

• Content Count:  10,219

go snelly!

FAU fan...we did get screwed with no bowl at 9-2 when 6-6 teams went to bowls...that does not take away from your record. It should however make you gloat a little less loudly on our board.

• Content Count:  2,239

go snelly!

FAU fan...we did get screwed with no bowl at 9-2 when 6-6 teams went to bowls...that does not take away from your record. It should however make you gloat a little less loudly on our board.

UCF called, they feel your pain(happened to us in 1998).  It's too bad FAU won't join that club.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

What Howard did with Miami and Louisville, and now trying to do with FAU, proves that what CJL is trying to do with USF is possible. 

Honestly, to me, what CJL has done with USF proves that what Schnelly is trying to with FAU is possible ...

I will be rooting for the Owls tonight against Memphis.

Every little bit helps our SOS for that final BCS standing ....

Schnelly's previous work at UL and UM helped give Leavitt a blueprint for building a program.

UL and UM both had a history and jock straps before Howard got there. CJL may have looked to what he did at UM as far as the TEAM was concerned, but for building a program, from the bottom up, CJL was winging it .... and did a **** fine job.

miami never won anything before howard s

leavitt is not the coach howard s is  by any stretch of the imagination

leavitt has done a great job but building football program at usf isnt that great an accomplishment.you arent giving usf,the talent pool and surrounding communities enough credit

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

with all the kudos they have gotten-- the one that sticks in my craw (whatever a craw is) is "they are playing in their first bowl game in only their seventh season. That's a record" or whatever

Had we gotten a bowl game in 2002 that we should have-- we would have done the same feat in only 6 years.

thanks again CUSA

howard s has proven he is one of the best alltime

usf has proven they are better than fau

• Content Count:  60

thanks again CUSA

howard s has proven he is one of the best alltime

usf has proven they are better than fau

With this season being only our 2nd FULL season in D1-A you should be. You guys were on a roll during the season, then all of a sudden a 3 game skid. IMO, Leavitt had alot to do with that skid. Not saying it was all his fault, but that guy seems to lose focus during some games, because of the way he loses control on the sidelines, with that said, the players pick up on that & in turn lose focus as their HC loses focus. Leavitt has done a good job so far, but IMO he insn't the guy to get you guys to the top. I may be wrong, but he may keep you guys ranked, but that's about it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,606
  • Days Won:  424

Not saying it was all his fault, but that guy seems to lose focus during some games, because of the way he loses control on the sidelines, with that said, the players pick up on that & in turn lose focus as their HC loses focus. 

Fascinating....Are you a sports psychologist?

• Content Count:  500

FAU will not beat USF in the next decade. The best you can hope for is the Rl Carriers Bowl for the next 15 years. Congrats on being the best of the worst, well second worst.

• Content Count:  60

Not saying it was all his fault, but that guy seems to lose focus during some games, because of the way he loses control on the sidelines, with that said, the players pick up on that & in turn lose focus as their HC loses focus. 

Fascinating....Are you a sports psychologist?

Nah, I just play one on this message board. You tell me, how many times have you seen Leavitt lose it on the sidelines? Personally, in all three games I watched USF play this year, Leavitt had a meltdown in each one. It's not cute, it's disturbing. Also, don't say that Leavitt doesn't lose it, if you do then you have some serious denial.

Archived