• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tonight vs Wake

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

I was at tonights game, the team didn't see like they wanted this game, they seemed tired and played clumsy basketball with the exception of the few bright spots.  Jesus, needs to shot the ball and not pass it.  there was one play where he is driving the lane goes up for a lay up and instead of laying it in, he passes backwards and right into the hands of a wake player.  the team just wouldn't shot the ball tonight.  Gransberry needs to be more aggresive down low, and when he was he scored and made stuff happen.  also bit of a scuffle between the wake and usf players at one point, Jesus being a boxer got in the middle of it, and i believe got a technical foul.  overall there was a lack of discipline on the team and it was evident in how Stan just pushed Kantrell down onto the bench at one point, Stan was livid and went off on him for a good 5-6 minutes. 

other than the game ending how it did, i got to meet Chris Howards daughter and i believe her mom and some other of his supporters, Aaron Holmes family, or family he is now apart of, the dad and son flew up for the game, DW was there, and got to talk to a guy whose son is at Hargrave Military Academy and is going to or has signed with the Bulls.  nice stadium wake plays in, off campus though, and only about 50 or so students there, not a very packed house, but loved the introductions, their mascot came out on a motorcycle, lights out, was pretty pimp.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

They shot badly all the way across the board - 35% from the field, 3-19 from 3's, and 60% at the line. Was it just an off night or did Wake force them to shoot that badly?

Worse was all the missed lay ups - second would have been the extremely poor 3-point performance.  Very rusty........need some WD40 to break free all that rust.  I don't think that Heath will give them an extended break again.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  165

hmmm-- Doug Woolard was there-- perhaps arranging another home and home series with an ACC team.

I like visiting the Raleigh area-- easy road trip and kind of fun---

but as for the team-- perhaps they were due for a letdown. Lots of games to go--

• Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Talk about the team being rusty from the 11 days off. Jesus Verdejo played well, but just about everyone else had an off night. It was a tough game to put Aaron Holmes in, so he was not much of a factor. Bozeman will eventually snap out of this shooting slump as he had a few shots go in and out of the rim last night. Gransberry was getting double teamed all night, and he was pretty frustrated which had him out of his game. Jones didnt have a bad game as he helped USF almost get back into the game after being down by 20 points in the second half. Anyway, I think we will take care of busines during these last two games before BIG EAST play.

• Content Count:  253

I paid the 4.99 to watch the internet feed and it was disappointing.  I think their break between games was too long because they really seemed lethargic.  They had a slow start and missed a lot of free throws at the beginning.  I think Wake gameplanned to tightly cover KG because he never got going.  Wake just looked like they wanted it more.  They aggressivlely went after loose balls and offensive rebounds.  The ACC game feed sucked.  They would be replaying a Wake play and you'd miss USF's entire possession at the other end of the court.  The only high point was when they gave the entire history of USF football and even talked about Leavitt getting painted up for the UAB game. 

hmmm-- Doug Woolard was there-- perhaps arranging another home and home series with an ACC team.

but as for the team-- perhaps they were due for a letdown. Lots of games to go--

Woolard was talking to/sitting with some Wake Forest people most of the night, so who knows.  and Wake Forest is in Winston-Salem, not Raleigh area, Winston-Salem is about an hour and a half to the west of Raleigh.

• Content Count:  403

I think that the layoff was too long... basketball teams need to be in a rythm.

• Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  165

Woolard was talking to/sitting with some Wake Forest people most of the night, so who knows.  and Wake Forest is in Winston-Salem, not Raleigh area, Winston-Salem is about an hour and a half to the west of Raleigh.

oops-- got confused with the NC State/Duke/UNC triangle thing

\

I would still fly into Raleigh though. Southwest flies there directly

• Content Count:  74,643
  • Days Won:  424

The only high point was when they gave the entire history of USF football

You must have missed the fat guy in the tie dyed hat and too small t-shirt dancing at halftime ...

The only high point was when they gave the entire history of USF football

You must have missed the fat guy in the tie dyed hat and too small t-shirt dancing at halftime ...

that was really funny to see in person, he had the entire arena cheering for him.

Archived