• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF at Lowes (lackthereof)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I was in Bealls yesterday in the Northdale area and they had a huge display of USF stuff that rivaled UF and FSU.  It was the first time I've seen a store donate so much space equal to the other schools.  The selection was actually better than I thought it would be.  It had a ton of different tee shirts.  Everything was 40% off, so I'm guessing there will be a bunch of kids with USF gear this year under the tree.

The Bealls at East Lake has three sections in teh mens area (on the wall) one for USF, one for FSU and one for UF.  Equal amount of gear for each.  This is the first time the USF gear equalled FSU and UF.  I was glad to see it.

My mom lives in Hernando.  She said her Bealls had UF and FSU stuff on sale (40% off) but were selling USF stuff at full retail.  She figures it is because they didn't have to discount it to sell it in this market.  All of my kids, and my brother, asked for USF gear for Christmas.   My 13 yo said that lots of her friends were askign for USF gear.  The Bulls are "hot" now in the Middle School/High School arenas...   Which is great because that is where our recruits will be coming from in future years.

• Content Count:  143
  • Days Won:  0

To the retailers not offering Bulls gear this holiday season I offer the lyrics below...

Brother Ali Missing Teeth Lyrics

Featuring: Slug:

You and your little b*tch buddies think you're Thelma & Louise

Cause you got a drum machine and you (throw jealous to the breeze)

You need to respect a f**kin legend when he breathes

'fore you get a  ~U~ K-Swiss logo embedded in your knees

• Content Count:  1,985

Just an fyi,  Home Depot has official USF color paint (by Glidden).

My office is going to be getting a new paint job very shortly :)

You are going to run it by Shoop first....?   8)

Hell no.

Just remember, you really need to paint the window frames black, even though they should be green, I mean, we really screw that up on the helmet, and you need to be consistent.

It is the officially colors licensed by USF.  I have a helmet sticker, all black.  and it will be in my office.  ;D ;D ;D

• Content Count:  937

K Swiss is on board:

FF_163764_s.jpg

:pimp IN...

my gf just got me those for Christmas lol.

• Content Count:  406

To my knowledge Lowes has to submit a request in order to use our logo/trademark.  We make royalties through the CLC and everything has to go through the proper channels.  It has little to do with Marketing.  I think USF has vastly improved its marketing efforts despite a limited budget. 

The reason you see other schools merchandise at Lowes/Home Depot is becasue This stuff takes time.  And a home supply store could typically care less about stuff like this unless there is a glaring need or tremendous demand for it.  Remember, UCF has had football nearly 30 years.  Hence, they’ve had a lot more time to call, request, and email about items like this than we have.  We’ve quickly surpassed them on the field/court, and in most stores, but stores like this don’t always notice that without someone showing or telling them. 

I would say to STAMPEDE both stores with requests, but please do it with class and respect.  Everything we do reflects upon the university regardless if its positive or negative.  Also, if they do fulfill our requests and start carrying it, go out and buy all of it and make sure it doesn’t stay on their shelves for long.  Only the fans can create the kind of demand that will have ALL the stores carrying tons of USF items/merchandise.

GO BULLS!!

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Listen, If I've said it once, I've said it 1000 times, Money talks...  Go into these stores that don't have BULLS merch. and tell the friggin manager/owner or anyone who'll listen that you would have bought 10 USF electric eel skin ties, 10 USF nickel plated shoe trees or 10 units of USF whatever, but since they don't have it, the store down the road will now get your business...  The way the world works is, if you don't ask for it, you won't get it... 

and, uh, Bob Fiallo can tell you some nightmares about USF & Cracker Barrel...

Archived