• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Smith making Bull SIgn - anyone have the picture/link

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

watch him come back-- suffer a bad injury and never see the NFL---

Would not like to see any player of any team/sport get injured but they will be gunning for him.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  164

Would not like to see any player of any team/sport get injured but they will be gunning for him.

I just want to clarify the statement-- I am not HOPING he gets hurt playing next year for UCF. I am WORRIED tat it could happen.

EVERY person on the Tailgate overtime agrees with my position on him entering the draft. As one put it-- he takes a tremendous risk having to repeat this success again next season and for what? No one feels the level of competition is that great to start with and next year will be no different.

Again-- look at Andre Hall-- had he left early, he might have at least been drafted. Instead-- he went the free agent route and it seriously has taken him far too long to see the field. They are not the same back-- but the type of achievements they attained are pretty comparable in many regards.

Go get your money now-- school can wait.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Smith is not going to be a serious Heisman contender next year.  its just not gonna happen.

• Content Count:  132

No matter what USF fans have to say, Smith will be a serious heisman contender.  You don't get named to first team AP, ESPN, SI, Walter Camp and many other All American teams and then return for another year without getting the Heisman hype.  Will it be tough for him to repeat this year, don't know.  If UCF finds even a decent passing game, Smith could be better.

I also think that teams were gunning for him since the second game of the year, after he put up over 200 yards on NCSU.  If he got hurt next year, he will still get millions of dollars from the insurance policy that UCF will pay for. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  164

I think he will make a bad choice and stay another year. But don't bother telling UCF fans that-- they are too ******* selfish to let the guy go what just about every football person is telling him.

Of course- he might also be holding that press conference to announce his intentions to leave so that new recruits might consider UCF instead.

• Content Count:  1,238

I just want to clarify the statement-- I am not HOPING he gets hurt playing next year for UCF. I am WORRIED tat it could happen.

EVERY person on the Tailgate overtime agrees with my position on him entering the draft. As one put it-- he takes a tremendous risk having to repeat this success again next season and for what? No one feels the level of competition is that great to start with and next year will be no different.

Again-- look at Andre Hall-- had he left early, he might have at least been drafted. Instead-- he went the free agent route and it seriously has taken him far too long to see the field. They are not the same back-- but the type of achievements they attained are pretty comparable in many regards.

Go get your money now-- school can wait.

Did not mean to come across as implying, in any way, that you wished an injury on him

In fact, I was agreeing

He is risking his career in football for one more year in college.

What's he majoring in, that he can't return to and finish on a later date?

• Content Count:  18

supposedly his agent shopped it and said he would go third round this year.  He might improve to second round next year.  Higher he goes, the more $$$$.  Might be worth it to wait a year.

Sure...If you knew anything, no college player can have an agent.  In fact having an agent would prohibit you from ever playing NCAA sports in the future as you are now considered a PRO

http://www1.ncaa.org/membership/enforcement/amateurism/resources/2007_NFL_Educational_Document.do

• Content Count:  3,574

No matter what USF fans have to say, Smith will be a serious heisman contender.  You don't get named to first team AP, ESPN, SI, Walter Camp and many other All American teams and then return for another year without getting the Heisman hype.  Will it be tough for him to repeat this year, don't know.  If UCF finds even a decent passing game, Smith could be better.

I also think that teams were gunning for him since the second game of the year, after he put up over 200 yards on NCSU.  If he got hurt next year, he will still get millions of dollars from the insurance policy that UCF will pay for. 

I'm not going to claim that you are a UCFer as others have, but you sure know a lot about UCF (not just in this post, but overall).  Are you like all the other FAU fans that think they'll be picked over UCF as the next member of the BE conference (if expansion EVER happens in the BE)?

It reminds me of how UCFers know so much about USF... even to the smallest details.

FAU looking up to UCF... like the way UCF looks up to USF?  Interesting.

• Content Count:  1,037

Does anybody know a junior in college who would not leave college for a job that can instantaneously get you millions of dollars? I don't think I do. Don't kid yourself toejam, this guys career is IN FOOTBALL and a diploma has nothing to do with that. He can always take a year of classes at another time. If Selvie can dominate his conference then he belongs in the NFL. Clinton Portis was third round pick after his junior year and turned out to be a $tar.

• Content Count:  132

I'm not going to claim that you are a UCFer as others have, but you sure know a lot about UCF (not just in this post, but overall).  Are you like all the other FAU fans that think they'll be picked over UCF as the next member of the BE conference (if expansion EVER happens in the BE)?

It reminds me of how UCFers know so much about USF... even to the smallest details.

FAU looking up to UCF... like the way UCF looks up to USF?  Interesting.

I know a lot about all the Florida college teams.  Its not that hard, I am an internet and sports radio junkie, sorry about that.

I think both USF and UCF have done an incredible job and I also think FAU will move up as well just due to our demographics and new facilities.   FAU is perfectly situated to get the south Florida fan base that is not a Cane fan and there are many of those.  I don't look up to any school though, I enjoy watching college football all the time.  I don't care if it is Div III, I am watching it.  Can't stand the pro game.

I don't think FAU will be in the Big East, I think FAU will most likely end up in CUSA after UCF moves on to whatever BCS conference takes them. 

Archived