• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Time Is Now For USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  154
  • Days Won:  0

With Petrino and Rodriguez gone and still some talk of Schiano taking a job in the NFL, the time is definitely now for the Bulls. They MUST take advantage of the opportunity to dominate the Big East before whoever takes over at UL and WVU gets their teams good again. I think Grothe could be the best player in the conference next year and the year after, and that can only mean good things for us here at USF.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

The BIG EAST needs better refs. USF was screwed too many times this season by the officiating, so I expect better treatment next season.

i agree wholeheartedly.  there were questionable calls/non-calls at pivotal moments in the 3 games we lost... just off the top of my head, "illegal forward propulsion," the offensive PI on Amarri on the last drive of Rutgers, the holding on Ced at UConn when Ford ran it in to tie, the non-call on the last play vs. Cinci.

but teams that are truly BCS-bowl worthy (not to mention #2 worthy) overcome a few bad calls, and dont let games come down to situations like those.

aside from UCF, Louisville and Cuse, we didnt really impose our will offensively on anybody.  we were too inconsistent on that end. too many turnovers, and too many penalties (not just flukes, but real penalties).

the defense was far more consistent, but we had our lapses there as well... we cant let Ray Rice, or scrubs like Dixon, run all over us.  we cant let guys like Rusty Smith pass all over us.

nobody was THAT consistent this season, but we are gonna have to play a lot more like a well-oiled machine to win the Big East and contend for a BCS bowl bid.  i suspect Leavitt and the coaches to get the RB situation resolved by next season so we can cut down on the variables and implement a consistent gameplan.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

I see USF, Rutgers and Cinci becoming the cream of the Big East in the future unless WV scores a really good coach.  I believe that Leavitt, Schiano and Kelly are going to stay put thinking that they are the next wave in BE football.  With that creep Petrino leaving as well as Rodriguez, recruiting for those schools in FL will be tougher in the future.

I see Leavitt and Schiano trying to become the next Paterno and Bowden as lifers with their programs.  Greg is a Jersey boy like Jim is a Tampa Bay guy.  But I'll probably read tomorrow that Schiano is taking the Falcon's job.  :)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

let's not start believing WVU is somehow going to fade away. They have been around for a long time with a program that is striving for exactly what we are-- they've faced various changes along the way and come back stronger.

The way I see it--- the strength of a program is how it handles adversity on every level. WVU deserves respect in that regard.

• Content Count:  879

I think I heard them say on espn that he took his offensive coach and recruiting coach with him up to michigan today.  So it looks like there is going to be more to replace than I thought.

let's not start believing WVU is somehow going to fade away. They have been around for a long time with a program that is striving for exactly what we are-- they've faced various changes along the way and come back stronger.

The way I see it--- the strength of a program is how it handles adversity on every level. WVU deserves respect in that regard.

they wont fade away, but there will be a year or two of adjustment coming up... i see them losing 3 or 4 next season.

• Content Count:  176

O8 big change if Mike Ford from game one can take over games-07 we would of been 12-0 there were games we could not find him

O8 big change if Mike Ford from game one can take over games-07 we would of been 12-0 there were games we could not find him

Mike Ford DID take over games from day one.  then they benched him.

look at our win/loss and our stats from the beginning of the year to the end... the three losses had some of his fewest touchest. he only got FOUR carries at Rutgers. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

I think I heard them say on espn that he took his offensive coach and recruiting coach with him up to michigan today.  So it looks like there is going to be more to replace than I thought.

Also looks like he may take a big time recruit with him as well.  A 6'6" quarterback that runs a 4.3 now says he has added Michigan to his list.  Better he is in Michigan than WV.

• Content Count:  143

Lets hope WV is not too deflated for their bowl game.  If they get blown out by OU we will hear about it for a long time.  Everyone will forget about the coaching change and try to say the Big East is a weak BCS conference. 

Archived