• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CFN: Grothe #23 Heisman Candidate for 2008

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

he needs to cut down on turnovers and sacks

Actually, he needs to cut down on being 90% of our offense. He is still young, and presses a little when things are not going well (like being down big in the first quarter without 3 of your 5 best receivers). I maintain that there were some pretty bad routes in the Cincy game that made Matt look really bad.

He will mature, the line will hopefully get more healthy overall, and the receivers are going to be better. As Ford establishes himself as a dominant running back, Grothe is going to have a lot more space to throw into, larger holes to run through, and receivers will be improved due to less pressure while they are catching the ball.

I think if Ford continues to improve into next season, we could see a Louisville type offense that very rarely gets held below 35 points or so.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

He is still young, and presses a little when things are not going well (like being down big in the first quarter without 3 of your 5 best receivers).

I dont think many people in the country wouldnt press a bit if they were put in that situation.

I think if Chase Daniel can be a Heisman finalist, Grothe could be too.

• Content Count:  1,757

I really believe that if he gets us in a position to score more points than our opponents do, we can really start winning some games

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  161

IMO--- The Heisman is a so completely overrated as an award in college football. It has little to no meaning in terms of NFL impact (it used to have some weight in that area).

I don't really care who wins it and I get tired of hearing everyone talk about it on ESPN as if it is the end-all be-all of college honors. The impact of regional voting is as obvious as the Coaches Poll.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

IMO--- The Heisman is a so completely overrated as an award in college football. It has little to no meaning in terms of NFL impact (it used to have some weight in that area).

I don't really care who wins it and I get tired of hearing everyone talk about it on ESPN as if it is the end-all be-all of college honors. The impact of regional voting is as obvious as the Coaches Poll.

the most important award in college

not overated one bit

• Content Count:  21,057
  • Days Won:  38

It is overrated in the sense that it is kind of a popularity contest and not about who the best player is.

Why is Pat White on this list anyway? 

Actually, he needs to cut down on being 90% of our offense. He is still young, and presses a little when things are not going well (like being down big in the first quarter without 3 of your 5 best receivers). I maintain that there were some pretty bad routes in the Cincy game that made Matt look really bad.

He will mature, the line will hopefully get more healthy overall, and the receivers are going to be better. As Ford establishes himself as a dominant running back, Grothe is going to have a lot more space to throw into, larger holes to run through, and receivers will be improved due to less pressure while they are catching the ball.

I think if Ford continues to improve into next season, we could see a Louisville type offense that very rarely gets held below 35 points or so.

grothe is running offense of leavitt

no dont fault grothe for that

but i fault grothe for bad picks,decisions and sacks

however with better talent around him i think he would be top 5 qb

It is overrated in the sense that it is kind of a popularity contest and not about who the best player is.

Why is Pat White on this list anyway? 

who won heisman based on popularity and not merit????"

• Content Count:  4,501

thanks, Captain Obvious.

:ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO

• Content Count:  4,501

the most important award in college

not overated one bit

Absolutly correct -

Has been for many years and continues to be the most important college award

I don't see how Tim Tebow doesn't get it this year - unless they just refuse to give it to a soph.

Archived