• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

RV Tailgating at RJ Stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  54
  • Days Won:  0

The following email was sent to the USF Athletic Directors office. Make your opinion known, if you have one.

Bill McGillis

Senior Associate Athletic Director

USF Bulls

Mr. McGillis, I am a USF Grad (1970), a Green Jacket Donor and have had multiple Season Tickets for the past few years.    I also attend away games yearly (Kansas, Auburn, Fla Atl etc) and am one of those crazy people that love the Bulls.  My wife and I also attend the Basketball games after the first of the year and really enjoy supporting the Bulls.

My family and the other people I have copied in this note use the Recreational Vehicle (Lot 8) at RJ Stadium to tailgate and usually have a large contingency with us.  We usually have at least 15 people join just my R.V. and have a lot of fun.  We come early and leave late.

We were informed just prior to the Louisville game that beginning next year we would be exiled to Lot 13 and R.V.'s would no longer be able to use Lot 8.  This, as explained, was due to additional needs for reserved parking because of the increased season ticket sales and we just take up too much room.

Hopefully this is a misunderstanding, as we have been the ones there all along, and as season ticket holders, we defer our opportunity for reserved parking in order to bring more people and spend more time. 

There would also be an additional hardship as we would have much further to walk.  My mother attends all of these games and at 89 years old uses the handicapped seating next to us.  She utilizes the "cart Shuttle" provided by the stadium to get back and forth and we were also informed that the "Cart Shuttle" for handicapped people is not available across Dale Mabry in Lot 13.

Please let us know what the policy will be so we can plan on next year.

Go Bulls

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

We do the RV lot too.  Totally agree with you....

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

actually it is my brother's rv.  He said he signed a petition to keep the RV parking where it is...

• Content Count:  12,293

seeing the RVs close to the stadium is part of the college football atmosphere.  we need to keep it there. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  166

the old mall lot is closer than lot 8

is that an option?

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

The Glazers strike again.

M-A-B, where are you?!?!

• Content Count:  1,238

My broteher and me were thinking of not keeping our reserved parking any longer and joining the BullBackers Assoc. We heard that they park just across the street and have cheaper parking available than the stadium. When we first started we were near the Tampa Bay Blvd entrance now we are almost to the Yankee practice field (exaggerating a bit but getting there). The $$$ for parking at the stadium doesn't even go to the school and we seem to be getting further and further away from the stadium each and every year. So we ask ourselves "why bother?".

Anyone have pros/cons to help us make a decision?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

My broteher and me were thinking of not keeping our reserved parking any longer and joining the BullBackers Assoc. We heard that they park just across the street and have cheaper parking available than the stadium. When we first started we were near the Tampa Bay Blvd entrance now we are almost to the Yankee practice field (exaggerating a bit but getting there). The $$$ for parking at the stadium doesn't even go to the school and we seem to be getting further and further away from the stadium each and every year. So we ask ourselves "why bother?".

Actually, I believe if you get your reserved parking through the Bulls Club, the money DOES go to USF... 

• Content Count:  1,238

Actually, I believe if you get your reserved parking through the Bulls Club, the money DOES go to USF... 

I pay it along with my season tickets

• Content Count:  743

It doesn't effect me in any way. But I'd sign a petition because some day I'd love to be in one of those RV's close to the stadium.

Archived