• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

EMAIL ADMINISTRATION FOR HOT BAND TO GO TO SUN BOWL!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

There is a possibility that the entire 300 piece Herd of Thunder Marching Band might not go to EL PASO.  They might think about sending a smaller 100-150 piece pep band to "SAVE MONEY".  LETS STAMPEDE ATHLETICS and let them know that we want the ENTIRE BAND to go!!!

Here are the emails...

Athletics Administration

Doug Woolard, Director of Athletics    (813) 974-2125   

Bill McGillis, Senior Associate Athletic Director/External Affairs    (813) 974-8930    bmcgillis@admin.usf.edu

Barbara Sparks-McGlinchy, Senior Associate Director of Athletics    (813) 974-2125    bsparks@admin.usf.edu

Barry Clements, Associate Director of Athletics/Sports & Programs    (813) 974-4144    clements@admin.usf.edu

Amy Haworth, Associate Director of Athletics/Academics    (813) 974-3007    ahaworth@admin.usf.edu

Steve Horton, Associate Director of Athletics/Compliance    (813) 974-6858    horton@admin.usf.edu

Brett Huebner, Associate Director of Athletics/CFO    (813) 974-3227    bhuebner@admin.usf.edu

Vicki Mitchell, Associate Director of Athletics/Development    (813) 974-1889    vmitchel@admin.usf.edu

Andrew Goodrich, Special Assistant to the Director of Athletics    (813) 974-3994    goodrich@admin.usf.edu

Here are all the numbers to ALL of the athletics administration officials...EMAIL ALL OF THEM.  They need to know the we want the ENTIRE BAND there!!! We have the BEST BAND in the conference and ONE OF THE BEST in the COUNTRY and that needs to be showcased.

Not to mention we need to show ALL the STRENGTHS of our UNIVERSITY.

EMAIL EVERYONE TO GET HOT BAND TO EL PASO!!!

HOT GOES TO EL PASO!!!

GO BULLS!!! 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

It will be a $$$ decision on HOT.  It has to make financial sense whether we like it or not.

• Content Count:  2,726

Emails can do nothing but HELP...I see no harm in sending one.

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

$$$ should not be an issue when we're getting a massive payout from the Sun Bowl/Big East.

we NEED HOT there.

• Content Count:  2,363

So make it a monetary decision. Cite the pros of looking "big time" with the Big Boys on national television versus the potential costs in growth, etc. that could be forfeited if we show up bush league. Further, if you're a season ticket holder or donor, be sure to mention that when you e-mail--companies listen to their stockholders.

well as a student, i pay my mf'n athletics fees and tuition.

they better give me my money's worth and send the full HOT band with gold plated tubas and ****!!!

• Content Count:  135

Are the people listed above indeed the powers that be?  Is there anyone else who would be involved in this decision?

Are the people listed above indeed the powers that be?  Is there anyone else who would be involved in this decision?

get me the direct line to Dr. Genshaft!!!!1

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

I want them there as much as you guys do, but travel, room, food, etc for an additional 300 people isn't easy.  I don't even have an idea how much that would cost them.  Any idea of what it would cost?  Maybe $100K or $200K?  I really have no idea for something this big.

• Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

My rough calculations are as follows:

$450 airfare x 300 =$135,000

$65 hotel x 3 nights x 150 rooms = $29,250

$30 per diem x 3 days x 300 = $27,000

Total: $191,250

Add in a couple grand for buses and other incidental costs and we are looking at $200,000 to get the band out to the bowl.

Maybe we could have a fund raiser and call it Band-Aid...... ;)

Archived