• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

EMAIL ADMINISTRATION FOR HOT BAND TO GO TO SUN BOWL!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

No all I was told is it's looking good

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,850
  • Days Won:  22

I hope we get te whole band there. While I know is costly as was stated early those kids have been busting their buts with practices etc to get ready for games. There is a BIG difference specially in away games when the band is absent.

The Sun Bowl is a MAJOR Bowl , if we are going to expect to go to those big bowls then we better start acting like the big boys and take our whole band.

USF is just getting its name outhere and it would look bad if we played Oregon or Oregon State and their band was doubled our size because of money.

• Content Count:  2,307

I don't think anyone is arguing that the band shouldn't be there, I think most just think that it'll be ok if we get a good sized amount to the Bowl game.  There are many things to consider.

If they take the entire band who will be there for the men's bball game?  It's not right that the entire band goes because as we all know basketball is another USF team we must support.  I do understand that all band members want to go, but athletics has to do what is good for everyone, not only football.  And of course, they have to keep a tab on the spending.

I still believe that if we send 150-200 there we'll be more than ok.  If there are fights on who gets to go then do it by who has been in the band longer...and BAM, everyone is happy.

• Content Count:  2,726

I don't think anyone is arguing that the band shouldn't be there, I think most just think that it'll be ok if we get a good sized amount to the Bowl game.  There are many things to consider.

If they take the entire band who will be there for the men's bball game?  It's not right that the entire band goes because as we all know basketball is another USF team we must support.  I do understand that all band members want to go, but athletics has to do what is good for everyone, not only football.  And of course, they have to keep a tab on the spending.

I still believe that if we send 150-200 there we'll be more than ok.  If there are fights on who gets to go then do it by who has been in the band longer...and BAM, everyone is happy.

You can't do it this way Mag.  First of all, most of the Band is FRESHMAN...there was a HUGE turnover from last year and alot of older people left after last season(most of them had been in for 4-5 years).  This is one of the reasons the band is softer this year...there is also instrumentation issues.  More woodwinds than brass from last season to this season.  Also, an ALL Freshman Basketball band wouldn't be the best decision.  They will sacrifice having the Band for the 2 basketball games, IMHO.  This Bowl game is a pinnacle of the season for the UNIVERSITY in general.  We MUST have a strong showing and not taking the ENTIRE band would just be NOT GOOD ENOUGH. 

Sorry BasketBulls, the ENTIRE HOT ATHLETIC MARCHING BAND has to be there.

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  398

So true. Half of my section is comprised of freshmen.

I'm just waiting for the email from D-Rob with that big caps lock subject line saying we're all going.

• Content Count:  296

Of the ~300 members we have this year, 180 are freshman. Of the 42 in my section, only 5 or 6 marched here before last season.

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Interesting note, the first Band Director Sid Haton was the director of bands at Oregon before coming to USF.

• Content Count:  2,726

Interesting note, the first Band Director Sid Haton was the director of bands at Oregon before coming to USF.

REALLY???

Did not know that...thanks ZeroBullChip.

I think Sid is at Charleston Southern now.  Maybe starting a band there or something...???

GO BULLS!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Bump....

What was the final outcome on this???

Archived