• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Three Big East Years

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Well last season. USF got crushed by UL and beat up by Cincy. The Rutgers loss last season was close. This the first year in which USF was in every game unlike the first two years. I look at it as a positive in that USF was so close to being 12-0. The future is bright.

true-we are a better 4-3 team this year

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Agreed...and I thought this year would be the first time with 5+ wins, although I was not totally certain it could happen with our youngsters.  Next year will be a breakout year and the following year....look out. 

with 20 returning starters this was the year

unless leavitt finally brings in blue chip players that can start immediately

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Three years of football winning four and losing three Big East games.  Is 5-2, 6-1, or 7-0 in the near future.  We need to start our Big East football domination!

As fans.... how do we help that? I guess donating money is the only thing.

Donate what you can.  As ET would say, bigger donations can be paid quarterly.  As fans all we can do is finance the program.

hawaii has a 50k recruiting budget

it isnt about the money

Really?  I am sure the private jets that the coaches at UF, USC etc have to help get around the country to recruit don't help.  I am sure upgraded facilities, academic counseling centers a dining hall make no difference.

Also, I am sure if USF played Hawaii's schedule and was 12-0 you would be here whining about how we did not deserve it as we played no one.

• Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

not only are we 12-9, but we are 3-6 against Cincy, Rutgers, and UConn the three teams that we are most directly competing against to move up to the top of the conference.  it stinks that we haven't really seen the improvement in the overall Big East standings, but we are a far better team than 2005.  we really need to get through next year with only 1 or 2 conference losses.  we have to go to WVU and Cincy and Louisville.  imo, their is no reason we can't come out of those three games 2-1 and win all the home games.

Cuse 3-0

WVU 2-1

UL    2-1

Pitt  2-1

Rutgers 1-2

UConn 1-2

Cincy 1-2

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I just wish we could've beaten UConn...then we'd be BCS-bound =/

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

USF has finished in the top half of the Big East all three years.  This is excellent consistency.  4-3 is our benchmark and we will do better than this soon.  The future is very bright.

• Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Forgot who said it, but I know for a fact after we beat UL in our first year in the BE, we were receiving votes, which to me means that our best ranking that year was also upper 20's or early 30's. Call me on it if I'm wrong, but I do believe Im right.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,646
  • Days Won:  29

Our conference record is the same, but overall we have done better each year.

IMPROVEMENT !

Go BULLS !!!

Archived