• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The last time we had 9 wins...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,812
  • Days Won:  0

usf needs some sympathy from bowl committee this time also

by the numbers usf will get a lesser bowl

Hey debbie downer how have you been; I noticed you did not post much when USF was #2.

I know hard must have been to go through that and not be able to be negative.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

That classless Coach at Southern **** said quality over quantity we talking about keeping USF out that year. That year USF beat their first ranked team by beating Urban Meyer and Bowling Green

I thought that he said that somewhere around 2000 or so00 when the decision was being made as to when we were going to be allowed entry in CUSA. Instead of 2001, they made it 2003. Had they let us in early (2001) I bet we would have won CUSA in 2002.

So their coach actully knew exactly what he was doing-- avoiding missing his own bowl game instead

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Didn't us getting the shaft that year prompt the rule change about teams jumping other teams for at large bowl invites?  IE 6-5 teams getting at large bowl invites over a 9-2 USF. 

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

If my memory serves me correctly, we knew in advance that the Seattle Bowl was going to go under, and that is why we didn't bother playing in it.

Basically, they needed our money for the bowl to continue, and we gave them the bird.

• Content Count:  585

That was back in 2002.  We were independent back in those days.

Was that when arkansas played you guys? I wouldn't mind getting you guys back on the schedule.  ;D

• Content Count:  1,532

I remember SG set out $50,000K for students in case we made the Hawaii bowl...didn't happen.

I wonder why SG doesn't do that anymore.

We started building the new Student Marshall Center.  A lot of funding goes that way.  SG paid for transportation to the MCCB and did pay (subsidize) for tickets to the UCF game last year, if you haven't heard... SG cought crap for the system not being exactly "fair."  No one has touched the subject since.  I will throw the idea around for this year... depending on where we go and how "liberal" the student Senate will be with funds... it might be possible to do something.

We did talk about buses to the Pitt game, but the long hual was never sorted out.

• Content Count:  1,812

That classless Coach at Southern **** said quality over quantity we talking about keeping USF out that year. That year USF beat their first ranked team by beating Urban Meyer and Bowling Green

I thought that he said that somewhere around 2000 or so00 when the decision was being made as to when we were going to be allowed entry in CUSA. Instead of 2001, they made it 2003. Had they let us in early (2001) I bet we would have won CUSA in 2002.

So their coach actully knew exactly what he was doing-- avoiding missing his own bowl game instead

That is correct and to make up for it they "let" us play 4 games against future CUSA  teams because we thought we would be in by then and did not schedule. We won all those games but pretty sure we lost money by having to pay teams to play us.

• Content Count:  282

Yeah, I remember all of that...the 9 wins and no bowl, the screw overs, etc.

Gotta say that the BE invite has revolutionized things so much that I can barely reach back and truly remember what it felt like to not expect anything and be happy just to be playing.  ;D

That is correct and to make up for it they "let" us play 4 games against future CUSA  teams because we thought we would be in by then and did not schedule. We won all those games but pretty sure we lost money by having to pay teams to play us.

I don't know what you are referring to--- those games were all pretty much even trades in home and home games just with various teams. The only cash outlay was the typical travel funds given by home teams to assist travel expenses-- we pay those to ny team visiting from what I've been told.

Was that when arkansas played you guys? I wouldn't mind getting you guys back on the schedule.   ;D

only chance that happens is if you agree to a home and home series

forget about us ever playing in Little Rock ever again-- not happening. home campus with a home and home deal or nothing.

Archived