• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The last time we had 9 wins...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Didn't we get boned out of a bowl game.  If my memory is correct, we were 9-2, Blackwell was our QB, we were still an independent, and we beat 4 C-USA teams that year.

I think I also remember that we got passed over for at large spots for some of the small bowls like one bowl took a horse crap 6-5 Purdue, and our outside shot at the Hawaii Bowl got snatched away by a C-USA team at the last second.

Anyone else remember those frustrating days?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  993

i thought we had a bowl offer, but actually had to buy in instead of getting a payout.

• Content Count:  2,307

That was back in 2002.  We were independent back in those days.

I remember SG set out $50,000K for students in case we made the Hawaii bowl...didn't happen.

I wonder why SG doesn't do that anymore.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Some bowl offered us a spot if we paid them some amount of money.  We declined, don't remember the bowl but they are not around anymore.  We really got screwed that year.  Still as good as we were then, that team wouldn't have been near bowl eligible with the schedule we played this year.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

technically, the last time we had 9 wins, we had just beaten ECU in the Pizza bowl, grothe was off to go hunting with a broken leg, and we were very concerned about losing Nicholas and St Louis off of our D...

But, I do remember the 2002 season as well, that was my senior year, I remember that Stoops told Leavitt that we flat out out-played Oklahoma in that game.

Blackwell was amazing.

And, I think that is when the hatred for Southern Miss began. Didn't their coach convince everyone to vote against us getting in C-USA that year? Said some stuff about us not being good enough. I think we beat them that year right?

• Content Count:  1,219

Some bowl offered us a spot if we paid them some amount of money.  We declined, don't remember the bowl but they are not around anymore.  We really got screwed that year.  Still as good as we were then, that team wouldn't have been near bowl eligible with the schedule we played this year.

I think it was the now defunct Seattle Bowl that would have “invited†the Bulls for a payment of around $500,000.  USF received a conditional bid from the Hawaii Bowl, if East Carolina defeated Cincinnati, but Cinny won.

• Content Count:  1,812

That classless Coach at Southern piss said quality over quantity we talking about keeping USF out that year. That year USF beat their first ranked team by beating Urban Meyer and Bowling Green

• Content Count:  2,726

Some bowl offered us a spot if we paid them some amount of money.  We declined, don't remember the bowl but they are not around anymore.  We really got screwed that year.  Still as good as we were then, that team wouldn't have been near bowl eligible with the schedule we played this year.

I think it was the now defunct Seattle Bowl that would have “invited†the Bulls for a payment of around $500,000.  USF received a conditional bid from the Hawaii Bowl, if East Carolina defeated Cincinnati, but Cinny won.

Another reason to hate Cincy...this was my freshman year and I was PISSED!!!

9-2 deserves a Bowl game...PERIOD!!!

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf needs some sympathy from bowl committee this time also

by the numbers usf will get a lesser bowl

Archived