• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Congrats UCF on the East Divsion championship

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  709
  • Days Won:  0

Just a quick question, but how long do you think before the CUSA Championship Game goes to neutral sites.  Right now they are the only one who selects the site based on the team with the best record.  I know the MAC has theirs in Detroit every year, so maybe CUSA could try as well.  I think the only problem lies in that most of the viable places in CUSA territory are located in cities/venues that have programs:

- Legion Field (Birmingham/UAB)

- Louisiana Superdome (New Orleans/Tulane)

- Liberty Bowl Stadium (Memphis)

- Sun Bowl Stadium (El Paso/UTEP)

In other places, there are possible neutral stadiums in CUSA markets/states:

- Reliant Stadium (Houston/Houston-Rice)

- Cotton Bowl, Texas Stadium, New Cowboys Stadium (Dallas/SMU)

- Bank of America Stadium (Charlotte/ECU)

- Citrus Bowl (Orlando/UCF)

Anyways, sorry for the rant but its a thought I had and did know where else to put it.

For CUSA, I think this works for now.  This league will always be in limbo somewhat.  So, to have a neutral site would not work IMO.

Wait until Saturday to see the environment having a "home" team brings to a championship game.  And I pray to God they don't put it somewhere indoors like the SEC game in Atlanta.  That is freaking BORING!

Enjoy your bowl.

We'll enjoy ours.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

Mav ,

Okay let's recap.  The BE will likely have a rep in the NC game.  The BE also had how many teams in the top 25 at the beginning of the season?  The BE also had a team unranked, rise to #2?  And no one cares about the Big East?  Come on Mav.  

Very silly statement by you.  

You guys are about to win your conference.  Will you even sniff the BCS?  If Tulsa wins, will they?  

You shouldn't bash a conference you look up to... a conference you would want to be in if given the chance....and a team that beat you 64-12.  

Congrats on the great year you had.  Enjoy it.  

Did UCF really get rings after coming in 2nd in CUSA 2 years ago and losing the bowl game.  That would be suprising.  That would be like getting a participation trophy.  Bush league.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Biggest joke of the season?

How about the nation's "leading RB" being held to under 60 yards? 

Or UCF's "potent" JUCO transfer QB that threw worse than Israel?

Or a "stout" C-USA defense that gave up TDs to all three strings of a "laughing stock" offense?

Shall I go on, or am I boring you?

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

The #2 ranking just shows that we could get there if we win our games.  Hell, look at WVU,  a one loss team that will still get there due to the BCS tag.  It would be the same if it were L'Ville, Rutgers, USF.

A 6-0 CUSA team wouldn't be in the top 15.  A one loss CUSA team wouldn't sniff the NC game.

Look at Hawaii.  Not even in the top 10. 

The BCS tag is real, and to think otherwise is foolish.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

But you guys are good.  Most pollsters see us just a few spots below you.

Huh?  What pollsters?  George O'Leary maybe.  I think most polsters see us around 25 and almost all posters see UCF in the "Unranked" category.  The final score was 64 - 12.  Could have been 104 - 12. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,586
  • Days Won:  423

of lowly CUSA.......

When do you get your rings?

I am sure you are making them again....

lol

You are right, they will get rings, and another trophy in the case.  What is USF getting for their season?

You clowns still don't get it ..... No BCS teams or their fans give a **** about your Eastern Division trophy/rings .... or even the Conference trophy/rings. The fact that you're actually throwing that in our face is ******* hilarious.

Actually, YOU clowns don't get the fact the REAL BCS leagues don't care about your league.  Outside of WVU, the NBE is nothing.

Throwing BCS in our face is ******** hilarious.

Nice try, Mav ....... That's some pretty weak ****. We don't really care what "real" BCS teams think about our league. Fact is, we're there on the same level as they are and they can't do a **** thing about it .... and UCF would join the BE in a heartbeat if the invite came.

Go back to the OCS smack ..... That's not AS embarrassing a subject for you.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,586
  • Days Won:  423

#2 BCS ranking was the biggest laughing moment of this college football year. 

It's sad that you're so myopically obsessed that you don't even know that there were a lot worse drops this year than us ....

Look around.  Everyone is talking about it as a joke.

Link? .......... to a site without ucf in the name.

• Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

of lowly CUSA.......

lol

You are right, they will get rings, and another trophy in the case.  What is USF getting for their season?

You clowns still don't get it ..... No BCS teams or their fans give a **** about your Eastern Division trophy/rings .... or even the Conference trophy/rings. The fact that you're actually throwing that in our face is ******* hilarious.

Actually, YOU clowns don't get the fact the REAL BCS leagues don't care about your league.  Outside of WVU, the NBE is nothing.

Nice try, Mav ....... That's some pretty weak ****. We don't really care what "real" BCS teams think about our league. Fact is, we're there on the same level as they are and they can't do a **** thing about it .... and UCF would join the BE in a heartbeat if the invite came.

Same level?  I have to slightly disagree on that one.  It took a twilight zone of a season for things to fall the way they have(but isn't that why they play the game).  Schools such as West Virginia, Missouri and Kansas took advantage of mishaps from the USCs, LSUs and Oklahomas.  Without help, they never would have overtaken them.

However, kudos to those schools for taking advantage when they did.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

of lowly CUSA.......

lol

Same level?  I have to slightly disagree on that one.  It took a twilight zone of a season for things to fall the way they have(but isn't that why they play the game).  Schools such as West Virginia, Missouri and Kansas took advantage of mishaps from the USCs, LSUs and Oklahomas.  Without help, they never would have overtaken them.

However, kudos to those schools for taking advantage when they did.

You really think the BE is the weakest BCS conference?  I don't think there is any arguement that the BE is a tougher conference than the ACC and Big Ten this year.  At worst the BE is the #4 BCS conference in the country, seems far from not being on the same level as other BCS conferences.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Took advantage?  Took advantage?

Seems like one team lost, while the other team won.

Sounds like regular college football to me...

Archived