• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Congrats UCF on the East Divsion championship

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

I know the champ goes to the liberty bowl, but since PPJs Bowl already took SMU, does that mean that if ucf gets upset they dont get any bowl game? I dont remember if there are any other Cusa tie ins....

GMAC Bowl in Mobile, AL.

Currently, there are 3 bowls with invitations not handed out yet:  Liberty, GMAC and Hawaii.  Should UCF win, I'm expecting it to be UCF to Liberty, Tulsa to Hawaii and ECU to GMAC(geographical purposes).  Should Tulsa win, Tulsa to Liberty, UCF to GMAC, ECU to Hawaii.

The GMAC brass thought they were getting a good matchup with UTEP vs Toledo in 2005 and it turned out to be a dud because UTEP fans didn't travel.  They admitted that they should have picked UCF instead, so I don't expect them to allow UCF to go elsewhere should Tulsa win next week.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,239

the week before Last I played Texas Hold Em in Harrahs KC next to a guy who played Football for UK.

He had on a big ring and we started talking about his ring. He said that the school bought the team the ring just because and it was not an official SEC ring. He said he would give the ring back for a chance to beat UL this year and go to a good bowl.

Enjoy your rings and irrelevance

Sure he would, easy to say, but he would never give them up.  What you call irrelevance, I call a treasure.  Ask yourself this, if USF were to give rings out from last year(not sure if they did) would you like to have one right now?  If you say no, you're a liar.  You guys want to say USF gets more money, better recruiting, tell me what that does for the players on the 2007 football team.  Do they get any of that money, no, do any of the recruits from the 2008 class effect the seniors on this team, no. 

Easy for you to say it is irrelevant, you never earn one.

More to your point.. I went directly from high school to a four year university (USF).  My wife received an AA degree from a community college before going to UCF.  My degree from USF is proudly displayed on the wall of our office.  Her degree from UCF will also be displayed on our office wall next summer when she graduates.

Now guess where her irrelevant AA degree is displayed?  Probably same spot as that C-USA runner up trophy from a few years back.

I don't think rings were actually made.  There was a picture made that was passed around, but I think it was photoshopped based on how the text on the ring.  It's been a while since I've seen the picture, so I honestly don't remember at this point.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

USF did give rings to the players...Grothe and some others were wearing them at the FanFest.

They were rather large, with a green jewel in the middle, and a gold iconic U in the jewel.

• Content Count:  3,096
  • Days Won:  1

Just a quick question, but how long do you think before the CUSA Championship Game goes to neutral sites.  Right now they are the only one who selects the site based on the team with the best record.  I know the MAC has theirs in Detroit every year, so maybe CUSA could try as well.  I think the only problem lies in that most of the viable places in CUSA territory are located in cities/venues that have programs:

- Legion Field (Birmingham/UAB)

- Louisiana Superdome (New Orleans/Tulane)

- Liberty Bowl Stadium (Memphis)

- Sun Bowl Stadium (El Paso/UTEP)

In other places, there are possible neutral stadiums in CUSA markets/states:

- Reliant Stadium (Houston/Houston-Rice)

- Cotton Bowl, Texas Stadium, New Cowboys Stadium (Dallas/SMU)

- Bank of America Stadium (Charlotte/ECU)

- Citrus Bowl (Orlando/UCF)

Anyways, sorry for the rant but its a thought I had and did know where else to put it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

You are right, they will get rings, and another trophy in the case.  What is USF getting for their season?

I'd take *no* trophy over a C-USA championship trophy... If the *champion* is so bad that they lose to the Big East number 4 team 64-12.

Triple, what would you know about rings and trophies, do you have any?  You sir have no idea of what happens in college football.  Every team that goes to a bowl and wins gets a ring.  They are called competition rings and the schools usually have the bowl on one side and it says something else on the other, either their record or the team motto.

Where did I say they didn't get a ring? Further proof you're a Kanigit fan first, you can't read worth a ****.

If USF players only care about winning the national chapionship, they are going to be disappointed for a very, very long time.  Getting those rings that you don't seem to care about is a huge part of playing.  We used to call those games, ring games where I played and I was lucky enough to get two of them.  We never won a conference championship but we did win two bowl games and I can look back at them and enjoy them.  I am willing to bet that USF's players would love to have them.  I am also willling to bet that if they got them last year for the Papa Johns Bowl, they are very important to them.

You're an imbecile.This isn't about bowl rings.

BTW, it's interesting that you're all worked up over this thread but you're supposedly not a UCF fan yet there's a thread on here about FAU, YOUR team supposedly, and you're strangely absent ......  :loser

• Content Count:  132

the week before Last I played Texas Hold Em in Harrahs KC next to a guy who played Football for UK.

He had on a big ring and we started talking about his ring. He said that the school bought the team the ring just because and it was not an official SEC ring. He said he would give the ring back for a chance to beat UL this year and go to a good bowl.

Sure he would, easy to say, but he would never give them up.  What you call irrelevance, I call a treasure.  Ask yourself this, if USF were to give rings out from last year(not sure if they did) would you like to have one right now?  If you say no, you're a liar.  You guys want to say USF gets more money, better recruiting, tell me what that does for the players on the 2007 football team.  Do they get any of that money, no, do any of the recruits from the 2008 class effect the seniors on this team, no. 

If by earn you mean just play and get the school to fork out money for a bunch of rings that mean nothing; you are correct. The point this player made was that they did not win anything of note and because of that the school bought the team rings.

By all the jewelry you want for your team then they will just be the blinged out team that got poll axed 64-12 by the team they wanted to beat the most.

There was a poll on your board before the game and most answered that beating USF was more important or as important as winning that JV conf you play in.

USF players will remember beating WVU and Auburn for the rest of their lives and the #2 BCS ranking and the top 25 BCS ranking. I am sure that UTEP victory will go down in history as one of the greatest moments in UCif history.

Spoken like someone who never played the game.

Do you think the rings that USF gave out last year had the score of the WVU game on it.  I bet it did not.  I bet it had the Papa johns bowl on one side and the team record with a motto on the other side.  Now Nuke, go up to any of those players and call those rings irrelevant.  Before you do, email me so I can come watch you get your ass kicked.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

If by earn you mean just play and get the school to fork out money for a bunch of rings that mean nothing; you are correct. The point this player made was that they did not win anything of note and because of that the school bought the team rings.

By all the jewelry you want for your team then they will just be the blinged out team that got poll axed 64-12 by the team they wanted to beat the most.

There was a poll on your board before the game and most answered that beating USF was more important or as important as winning that JV conf you play in.

USF players will remember beating WVU and Auburn for the rest of their lives and the #2 BCS ranking and the top 25 BCS ranking. I am sure that UTEP victory will go down in history as one of the greatest moments in UCif history.

Do you think the rings that USF gave out last year had the score of the WVU game on it.  I bet it did not.  I bet it had the Papa johns bowl on one side and the team record with a motto on the other side.  Now Nuke, go up to any of those players and call those rings irrelevant.  Before you do, email me so I can come watch you get your ass kicked.

****, you are one DENSE dude..... but I think it's just because of the two levels our programs are on. The UCF players will cherish their rings and trophies because they don't have anything else to latch on to. I'm sure the USF players are appreciative of the PJ.com rings, especially since it was the Buls first bowl win ever, but as far as emotional attachment is concerned, I would imagine the WVU wins and the Auburn will always burn brighter in their hearts.

• Content Count:  709

of lowly CUSA.......

When do you get your rings?

I am sure you are making them again....

lol

You are right, they will get rings, and another trophy in the case.  What is USF getting for their season?

You clowns still don't get it ..... No BCS teams or their fans give a **** about your Eastern Division trophy/rings .... or even the Conference trophy/rings. The fact that you're actually throwing that in our face is ******* hilarious.

Actually, YOU clowns don't get the fact the REAL BCS leagues don't care about your league.  Outside of WVU, the NBE is nothing.

Throwing BCS in our face is ******** hilarious.

No, but a potential 11 win season will certainlyl be remembered for a long time.

#2 BCS ranking was the biggest laughing moment of this college football year.  Look around.  Everyone is talking about it as a joke.

But you guys are good.  Most pollsters see us just a few spots below you.

****, you are one DENSE dude..... but I think it's just because of the two levels our programs are on. The UCF players will cherish their rings and trophies because they don't have anything else to latch on to. I'm sure the USF players are appreciative of the PJ.com rings, especially since it was the Buls first bowl win ever, but as far as emotional attachment is concerned, I would imagine the WVU wins and the Auburn will always burn brighter in their hearts.

Ah, but you aren't a player, are you?  Of course not.

I would bet the seniors on last years team love the bowl rings.  They probably enjoyed watching the WVU and AU wins this year as well.

Archived