• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

will WVU choke?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

they have the inside track on the NC game.

i hope they win out and wax whoever they play in the NC.

will they beat uconn...and pitt?

the BE needs this

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  166

it could happen--- and I can hear their media talking already about how their only "stumble" was playing against South Florida when Pat White was "hurt"

hurt by South Florida but hey-- why mess with the warm and fuzzy of reality when telling a tall tale>?

• Content Count:  60

it could happen--- and I can hear their media talking already about how their only "stumble" was playing against South Florida when Pat White was "hurt"

hurt by South Florida but hey-- why mess with the warm and fuzzy of reality when telling a tall tale>?

we got beat by a good team.. we know that

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  166

we got beat by a good team.. we know that

I wasn't talking about WVU fans-- most of them are pretty reasonable and intelligent fans that I've met so far

but the media folks--- they find whatever line of discussion they can to be part of the story. It makes it an easier sell for the NC game for WVU if they can discount the loss to USF as much as possible, Some items they will preach: on the road, sold out game, all the turnovers, Pat White hurt and out for most of the game, and anythign else they can scoop up and dole out.

While I don't mind if it takes that to legitimize a Big East team playing for the NC, I just know it will get me more and more PO'd as they continue to bring it up. I'd almost rather they forget about the loss-- despite the common opinion that any publicity is good for the program.

• Content Count:  574

A friend of mine who is a WVU alumni is in town and I have been telling him all night I will be pulling hard for WVU in the title game if they make it.  It would be great for the Big East to have a national championship team.  Plus I would love to be the only team to beat the national champ this year.

I hate WVU when we play them, but outside of conference, I am all about the Big East.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The loss to USF would be spun as a fluke because of all the THEIR "mistakes" and the Pat White injury.  Because we definitely didn't make any great plays to force any of those turn overs or Pat White getting beat up then knocked out of the game.   

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

WVU will finish out.  there is no one remaining on their schedule that has the speed on D to stop WVU or the firepower on O to hang with them.

UConn is decent, but they aren't going into Morgantown and pulling the upset.  this isn't 2006 and the Huskies aren't the Bulls.

UConn's only respectable win this season was against us, and that took every chip to fall in the right place to happen... it was in Hartford, in a cold rain which neutralized our team speed, with our OLine and receivers depleted, after a heartbreaking and (to us) controversial first loss at Rutgers.  it's not gonna go their way against WVU.

Pitt is inconsistent... i would actually say if anyone beats WVU, Pitt has a better chance than UConn.  but it's not gonna happen.  they just aren't fast enough to stop White/Slaton/Devine/Reynaud.  and Pitt has only put up 4 or more TD's twice--- once against Gram State (lol), and once in a OT loss to Navy.  Pitt is gonna need to put up 5 TDs to top the Eers, and i dont see that happening.

i fully expect WVU to represent the Big East in the NC game come January.

• Content Count:  1,165

I think WVU will win out and go to the NC game, but it's not a sure thing...UConn has a legitimate shot, but I think WV will beat them

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

they have the inside track on the NC game.

i hope they win out and wax whoever they play in the NC.

will they beat uconn...and pitt?

the BE needs this

they played nobody out of conference

hope they lose

Archived