• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

STAMPEDE SUN BOWL 8 min until vote, theyre probably standing in the office CALL!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  0

New Thread to get the new numbers out there.  This was originally started to counter act the blog report from El Paso that stated UConn fans have been calling, and the Sun Bowl board of directors had taken note of the phone calls and interest they were showing.

The Sun Bowl Ticketmaster office suggested calling the:

SUN BOWL ASSOCIATION:

915-533-4416

Make it clear that you're calling from USF and are just looking for information relative to the game, and when we'll know for sure that we're going there!

In addition, probably still a great idea to call the Sun Bowl Ticket Office as originally posted:

Sun Bowl Ticket Office

915-747-5234

Here is the original blog post:

http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,307

Every time I see another Sun Bowl thread I start thinking of ways to get there.. No way in hell that I'm flying with those prices, but maybe I can get 3 other friends and make the 24 hr drive...stay 2 nights partying there and then drive back.  I love my C-Rolla (Corolla)...it gets almost 45 MPG on the highway, so gas wouldn't be THAT bad if it's split up.

I'm still pulling for Meineke, but IF we get chosen here I just HAVE to come up with something because I want to go to my 3rd straight bowl game!

Every time I see another Sun Bowl thread I start thinking of ways to get there.. No way in hell that I'm flying with those prices, but maybe I can get 3 other friends and make the 24 hr drive...stay 2 nights partying there and then drive back.  I love my C-Rolla (Corolla)...it gets almost 45 MPG on the highway, so gas wouldn't be THAT bad if it's split up.

I'm still pulling for Meineke, but IF we get chosen here I just HAVE to come up with something because I want to go to my 3rd straight bowl game!

Agreed it's not easy, especially for the students.  My plan now is to try to come up with 7 friends (or board members if we cant get enough) to rent a 7 person RV and drive out there.  CruiseAmerica has a deal right now where you rent for 3 days, get 3 days free...just for the holidays.  It'll still be very expensive because you have to pay $0.32 cents per mile, and it's roughly 1,800 miles each way....gas on top, plus rental fee.  But with 7 people, gas cost and rental cost thrown in, along with additional money for food, ticket, beer, and misc.  It came to about $420 a person.  Much cheaper than flying, getting a hotel room..and still having to get a ticket, food, beer, misc on top of it all.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,487
  • Days Won:  13

I am down.... If you have room.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I called the first number and could not get a live person. I pressed "0" and got into a general mailbox and left a message indicating I'm a USF Alumni and wanted to see the Bulls play, and needed ticket/travel information.

Called the second number and the mailbox is full already. 

I suspect they are closed for Thanksgiving so we may need to pick up this campaign on Monday after they clear out voicemails.....

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i called and begged them to pick usf and usc

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,765
  • Days Won:  3

ElPasoStampedeA.jpg

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

USF would destroy USC.

Mark my words.

I just called for the second time, and they're still there.  Call the Sun Bowl association and just ask some random questions!!  Every call and every USF reference will help!

• Content Count:  1,911

I was actually wondering who you'd root for in this case...

Archived