• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We need UCONN to beat WVU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  131
  • Days Won:  0

am i the only one who will be utterly embarrased if uconn represents the big east. if they face a good team and get whooped it will make the conference look so bad. can't wait for wv to beat whoever they play in their bowl. hopefully we play a solid opponent and continue changing perception of the big east.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

At least they will have pizza at the bowl this year.

And I want WVU to win it all.

GO EERS!

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

If UConn won at WVU considering what WVU has on the line, it would be the worst defeat in WVU history.  I don't see that happening this weekend.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I don't think we need UConn to beat WVU at all.  I think this is the worst thing that could happen to us.

or its off to Pizza. Uconn winning may allow two big East teams to slip into the BCS.

a 2 loss wv is not going to bcs

But a 2-loss Georgia, 2-loss Oregon, or 2-loss Texas will ??

Put down the pipe, Smazza...

If UConn won at WVU considering what WVU has on the line, it would be the worst defeat in WVU history.  I don't see that happening this weekend.

Well, U conn is ranked... last year and UNRANKED team we all know and love went into Morgantown on Thanksgiving weekend and destroyed any chance for WVU to go to the BCS...

This year, even with a loss this weekend, WVU could still get a BCS bid.

So I don't think it would be the "worst defeat" in their history.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Well, U conn is ranked... last year and UNRANKED team we all know and love went into Morgantown on Thanksgiving weekend and destroyed any chance for WVU to go to the BCS...

This year, even with a loss this weekend, WVU could still get a BCS bid.

So I don't think it would be the "worst defeat" in their history.

Last year's Bulls team was better than this year's UConn team and . . . . sadly . . . . this years Bulls team was better too.

• Content Count:  148
  • Days Won:  0

Don't forget about the Toronto Bowl.  Fox Sports predicted us playing Clemson in the Gator, I saw another (i can't remember who but there was another for us playing FSU in the MCCB.  Regardless of what else happens in the BE, if we beat Pitt, we will finish the regular season 9-3, Someone has to go to torronto, I can't see them invite going to us.  If all things are equal, we're thr farthest team from the border. 

If the Bowls don't like rematches, it looks like it could very well be more.... USF & ECU again (if PJB) or UCF, if Southern Miss doesn't go to the Tejas Bowl.  We "could" end up playing USM in the PJB, but ... I think we have a better shot at the Gator or MCCB than people think. 

So the winner of the Uconn/ WVU game would go to the Sugar or Orange Bowl?  Probaby play the SEC #2 or ACC number 1.  So that would leave 1 team with 1 or 2 BE losses, and 3 bowl eligible teams for the: PJB, CA Bowl, MCCB, Sun Bowl and possibly the Gator Bowl.  (USF, RU, Cincy, + WVU or Uconn, Pitt & SU out, UL possible....not probable)

What WE REALLY NEED IS UL TO BEAT RU next thursday night....then, its between those 2 schools as to who goes to Birmingham and who goes to Toronto. 

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I don't want West Virginia winning anything.  They are even more arrogant than we are, if you can believe it.  I'm hoping for a Kansas National Championship and I would like to see us play another BCS team in a bowl game.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

WVU --> BCS

UConn --> Sun

USF --> MCCB

Ciny --> Pizza

RU --> International

Mark it down, that's how it's going to work.

Archived