• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We need UCONN to beat WVU

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

We are NOT going to the Pizza Bowl.  They are not going to invite the same team back 2 years in a row.  Now that it appears we're not going to the Gator our best hope is the MCCB.  If we don't go there it's off to Canada.

I doubt we are off to Canada..... we might sell 500 tickets to that game.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

or its off to Pizza. Uconn winning may allow two big East teams to slip into the BCS.

I can relate to this statement. I for one was not pleased with the pizza bowl/Birm.Al. other than that we got to go to a bowl and that we won.

***When we have nothing anything is valued but when we have possibilities all of a sudden certain things aren't good enough.***

I for one will cheer for WVU.

1. We are in the BE

2. WVU is in BE (yes I do realise that UConn is also but we lost to them)

3. Having BE #1

4. Having the nation see WVU as #1 and knowing that USF (ranked in the top 25) beat them...SWEET

and, if we did end up at the pizza bowl, we need to run up the score like its never been done before. Plus, we need to show the bowl people that we can travel wherever/whenever.

• Content Count:  2,277

We are NOT going to the Pizza Bowl.  They are not going to invite the same team back 2 years in a row.  Now that it appears we're not going to the Gator our best hope is the MCCB.  If we don't go there it's off to Canada.

I doubt we are off to Canada..... we might sell 500 tickets to that game.

I agree that hardly anyone would go to that one but it's either there or MCCB.  We're not going to Pizza again.

• Content Count:  645

I am still not sure why everybody thinks RU is more attractive to MCCB than us.  I realize that we were there 2 years ago and RU traveled well last year to Texas, but consider this.

USF was THE story earlier this year.  RU was going to a bowl for one of the few times (maybe first) last year so they traveled big.  Beat Pitt and we are 9-3 even with a loss to RU.

If they saw the RU game, they would have to say that the teams are comparable (even though we know we are better  :) )

Maybe I am overly optomistic, but I think MCCB chooses us over RU.

The went to a Bowl game on the west coast two years ago and brought 10 k, last year that brought 10 k to Texas.....

We brought 5-6k to both of our bowl games.....

Not to mention MCCB is alot closer than any other bowl Rutgers has been to.

Who would you invite?

I would invite USF because of the national buzz they got this year, and I would match them up against Clemson.  I truly believe that we would travel really well to the MCCB and that RU would travel a little worse this year because their season has been viewed as a BIG dissapointment to their fans.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Guys did you read that Sun Bowl article at all?  It clearly said it doesn't need a team coming in and selling 10,000 seats.  That community sells that place out probably alot like the Outback Bowl.  Its only a 50,000 seat stadium to begin with and its the only thing to do in El Paso for the entire year, think about that.  They are OK if you only bring 5000 fans, so why do they need Rutgers?  International Bowl makes the most sense for Rutgers.  Sun Bowl can take UConn as they'll sell around 5-6000 seats.  That should leave Pizza Bowl and Car Care, and Pizza won't want us two years in a row.  Bingo.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

Guys did you read that Sun Bowl article at all?  It clearly said it doesn't need a team coming in and selling 10,000 seats.  That community sells that place out probably alot like the Outback Bowl.  Its only a 50,000 seat stadium to begin with and its the only thing to do in El Paso for the entire year, think about that.  They are OK if you only bring 5000 fans, so why do they need Rutgers?  International Bowl makes the most sense for Rutgers.  Sun Bowl can take UConn as they'll sell around 5-6000 seats.  That should leave Pizza Bowl and Car Care, and Pizza won't want us two years in a row.  Bingo.

the problem is the Car Care bowl could care less what the Pizza Bowl wants.

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

or its off to Pizza. Uconn winning may allow two big East teams to slip into the BCS.

a 2 loss wv is not going to bcs

That doesn't mean USF won't go to Birmingham...

Consider that if U Conn wins..

U Conn -> BCS

WVU -> BCS

Rutgers/Cincy -> Sun

Cincy/Rutgers -> Car Care

USF -> Papa Johns

this would seem fair since we lost to uconn,cinnci and ru

I can relate to this statement. I for one was not pleased with the pizza bowl/Birm.Al. other than that we got to go to a bowl and that we won.

***When we have nothing anything is valued but when we have possibilities all of a sudden certain things aren't good enough.***

I for one will cheer for WVU.

1. We are in the BE

2. WVU is in BE (yes I do realise that UConn is also but we lost to them)

3. Having BE #1

4. Having the nation see WVU as #1 and knowing that USF (ranked in the top 25) beat them...SWEET

and, if we did end up at the pizza bowl, we need to run up the score like its never been done before. Plus, we need to show the bowl people that we can travel wherever/whenever.

screw wv

we dont need them stealing anymore recruits from us

hope they lose

I am still not sure why everybody thinks RU is more attractive to MCCB than us.  I realize that we were there 2 years ago and RU traveled well last year to Texas, but consider this.

USF was THE story earlier this year.  RU was going to a bowl for one of the few times (maybe first) last year so they traveled big.  Beat Pitt and we are 9-3 even with a loss to RU.

If they saw the RU game, they would have to say that the teams are comparable (even though we know we are better  :) )

Maybe I am overly optomistic, but I think MCCB chooses us over RU.

there hasnt been buzz for over a month

you need buzz to end the year

The went to a Bowl game on the west coast two years ago and brought 10 k, last year that brought 10 k to Texas.....

We brought 5-6k to both of our bowl games.....

Not to mention MCCB is alot closer than any other bowl Rutgers has been to.

Who would you invite?

I would invite USF because of the national buzz they got this year, and I would match them up against Clemson.  I truly believe that we would travel really well to the MCCB and that RU would travel a little worse this year because their season has been viewed as a BIG dissapointment to their fans.

Archived