• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BCS Bowl Still A Possibility???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  585
  • Days Won:  0

If all those loses above us were to occur there is a chance, albeit a small one, that we could leap over Wisconsin and Illinois.

Even if we leap over them, they don't HAVE to take the highest seed available.

USFFan

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

Yes.  WVA has to lose to UCONN.  WVA then has to lose to PITT.  WE must beat PITT.  CINCY must lose to SU.  UCONN will get National Championship versus Hawaii.  All other good teams must self destruct also.

PMR

no.  we have a better shot jumping UConn if we win and they lose, than we have of jumping WVU with two losses in a row, which isn't going to happen.

• Content Count:  1,204

It is possible.  The SEC, PAC-10, and Big 12 will likely all send two teams.  If Hawaii wins then they get the last spot.  If not then it could be interesting.

If it is opened up to the top 18 teams then they are not taken in order but taken by bowl preference.  I could see the Orange Bowl making a deal to get USF if USF is eligible and no top 14 teams are around.  Illinois did poorly the last time they got in the BCS and had to return some of their allotment of tickets, if memory serves.  USF is much closer and would prove an interesting story.

There's an outside shot we can get into the top 14, but I find it unlikely.  A win in a bowl game against any BCS conference opponent (Gator, Sun, Meineke, or a BCS bowl) would likely get us into the top 15 to end the year and I could see us being rated in the top 10 to open to season.

I don't expect us to get into a BCS bowl.  The best shot for the Big East to get two bids is for UConn to beat WVU and WVU to beat Pitt with UConn taking the automatic bid and WVU getting an at-large.  If WVU can't get into the title game then I'd prefer this scenario because it'd allow the Big East to match up against two BCS big wigs and give them a chance to prove the conference is good.  We'd have at least four games against other BCS schools, so another undefeated record in the bowl games could quell doubters outside of the Big East.  Sagarin's computer data suggests that the Big East is the third best conference, above the Big 12, ACC, and Big Ten.  It'd be nice if the media saw that that might be true.

I believe a Louisville win would give us six bowl eligible teams.  Louisville would probably be the top 6-6 choice for a bowl game, but all 7-5 teams would have to be selected first.  I think they could get in, though they would have been a shoe-in had they held on versus UK, beaten Syracuse, and played much better against Utah.  A 9-3 Louisville, even with their problems, would have made the Big East look much better.  They really need a defense.

• Content Count:  1,457

I disagree. With UCONN winning out and Cincy losing to SU (Miracle) and WVA losing 2 in a row then

Hawaii and UCONN in national championship!

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

If there were enough losses ahead of us to move us into the top 18, I cannot imagine that Illinois or Wisconsin (whose season ended) would not be picked ahead of us.  I don't see us jumping into the top-18 and those two teams falling out of the top-18.

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

when you lose 3 straigt conference games to underdogs

people arent lining up to select you for a bowl game

Archived