• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ok, I have one complaint

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,585
  • Days Won:  423

most of the people there don't care and are casual fans at best.

I believe you mean "casual fans at worst"....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,595
  • Days Won:  29

Fans have different perspectives . . .

Some look at our games strictly as "entertainment".

I'm there to support my team.

The last thing I think about during the game is the time on a watch.

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Reality Check:

There are things more important than football!

Some people gotta wake up sunday morning for work, church or whatever and if the game is already over at Halftime (41-10 is over!)  then I dont have a problem with em leaving.

Since Im a student, I had nothing else goin on so I stayed and enjoyed the beatdown.

Its really not a big deal if people leave early and our team is winning easily

• Content Count:  869

Why do they have to vacate early? Drives me nuts. These kids bust their asses all year long and get 6 home games. The least we could do is stay for an entire game win or lose.

Sorry, I had been up since 5:30 AM on Saturday.  Had just gotten back from Germany Friday after midnight.  My wife had called me asking me ... well you get the idea.  I will not let it happen again.  I didn't get back to the house in Orlando until after 1AM.  I left with 9 minutes left in the game and will see the boys at the bowl game hopefully. 970 AM seemed to drop off pretty quickly around Lakeland.  This was the only game I left early this year.

• Content Count:  1,238

What's worse...

Half the stadium empty because people are not interested and do not purchase tickets

or

Half the stadium empty becuase the fans that purchased tickets did not show up to the game

I don't know about everyone else but I am grateful for the ticket sales. Would having the stadium sold out and having everyone in their seats from start to finish be the best thing? You bet. Yet right now ticket sales are more important. In time when tickets become/remain a hot item, like the WVU game, you will see more and more people sticking around. Especially if they are paying more $$$ for their tickets.

• Content Count:  98

team sure recognized all those left and came over to them at end of game.

• Content Count:  10,219

just be happy 57k bought tix and 45K= showed up.

$$$ for usf... we will need it to pony up for cjl and the Assistants

• Content Count:  971

L'ville had enough of the Bulls with 12 min remaining in the fourth quarter, when they pulled Brohm.  I left with about 5 min left, and missed the great goal line stand by our backup D.  Overall, this was a much better party than it was a football game.  GO BULLS! 

• Content Count:  4,738

And its about our fans

Why do they have to vacate early? Drives me nuts. These kids bust their asses all year long and get 6 home games. The least we could do is stay for an entire game win or lose.

That's it....

Normally I would agree but an 8 pm game = getting at home at 1 am.  Its already bad enough the wife is at home waiting.  She wouldn't come because the game was so late.

• Content Count:  4,738

here's some food for thought-- the Louisville fans left the game in far greater numbers percentage-wise than Bulls fans early on. Somewhat due to the blowout score at halftime but if they were road warriors-- wouldn't they stick around?

My guess is many of them live in Tampa-- I've seen them show up in large numbers for home basketball games here.

Louisville fan got out super early.  We looked to their corner and it was empty before half.

Archived