• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gatorbowl less likely for Bulls

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

because Oklahoma lost, meaning that it will be unlikely that 2 Big 12 teams go to the BCS. I hope I am wrong.

I think we will be in Charlotte for a Bowl game.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

because Oklahoma lost, meaning that it will be unlikely that 2 Big 12 teams go to the BCS. I hope I am wrong.

Oklahoma and kansas/ Missouri winner will both be in BCS games...  I HOPE WE GO TO NORTH CAROLINA!

T-Man is right... Oklahoma is still going to a BCS game, they just can't get to the national championship game... heck, they will still probably win the Big 12...

BUT... With Texas Tech at 8-4, they may not be so un-attractive as a Big 12 option.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Actually today's results helped USF's odds of getting into the Gator or Sun Bowl. Assuming WVU takes care of UConn next week, there's no way that two Big East teams will have a record better than 9-3. That means that whoever takes the BE team out of that group is free to pick whoever they want.

• Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

I think the Texas team should stay in Texas, and the Florida team in Florida.

• Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  0

Our Gator Bowl chances are basically shot. They're going to take a Texas Tech team that upset Oklahoma and therefore the Bulls if they win next week will likely end up in the Sun Bowl but we might end up matched with Cal which would be cool. Chances are I wouldn't be able to attend the game and obviously i'm holding out hope for a Gator Bowl bid, but Tech's upset ruined that.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Our Gator Bowl chances are basically shot. They're going to take a Texas Tech team that upset Oklahoma and therefore the Bulls if they win next week will likely end up in the Sun Bowl but we might end up matched with Cal which would be cool. Chances are I wouldn't be able to attend the game and obviously i'm holding out hope for a Gator Bowl bid, but Tech's upset ruined that.

Our chances there are not shot. We'd still be an attractive option if we were to beat Pitt. I'm not sure how well Texas Tech travels, but it's safe to assume that we'd bring a ton of fans to Jax.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I think the Texas team should stay in Texas, and the Florida team in Florida.

That would seem to make the most sense to me.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Our chances there are not shot. We'd still be an attractive option if we were to beat Pitt. I'm not sure how well Texas Tech travels, but it's safe to assume that we'd bring a ton of fans to Jax.

Texas Tech doesn't have the same appeal as one of the big name (Oklahoma or Texas) Big 12 schools.  Our signature wins at Auburn and WVU are just as appealing as them beating OU.  I would imagine that we would have a better chance at putting more fans in the stands in Jacksonville and TTU putting fans in the seats in El Paso than the reverse.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Big issue is Gator giving up right to take BE/ND for next 2 years.  I could see them picking us but they would need to rework contract going. Forward, o/w the BE will be in the Sun Bowl.

Archived