• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt Predicts Fireworks Saturday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

The Tampa Tribune

Published: November 16, 2007

TAMPA - With the University of South Florida's recent struggles and Louisville trying to salvage a disappointing season, practically all of the luster has been lost from Saturday's matchup.

But while there are no major national implications at stake, the teams' offenses should provide plenty of excitement.

"It is going to be a game you're going to want to be at. You're going to see a lot of explosive plays on both sides of the field," USF coach Jim Leavitt said. "It is going to be one heck of a football game. Both teams are battling for a position in the conference; both teams are battling for bowl-type situations. There is a lot on the line. I believe our guys will play hard and play well."

RELIEF FOR GROTHE: After RB Mike Ford rushed 28 times for 134 yards and two TDs at Syracuse, QB Matt Grothe, who had led the team in carries in each of the four games leading up to last week's contest, said his body didn't take as much of a beating against the Orange.

"I felt a lot better [Monday] at practice," Grothe said. "Mike did a good job. We just have to continue stressing the running game, and that is just going to open up bigger and better things in the passing game for us."

Gregg Becnel

Hopefully they've finally caught on that they need to keep running Ford in there!  I wonder why Grothe didn't get so banged up??  Hmmm...

• Content Count:  2,478

I really hope Ford stays in like he did last week! He helped out so much, getting positive yards and getting 3-4 yards almost every time really opens up a game for the QB.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Fireworks - - I like that idea!

• Content Count:  2,461

Fireworks - - I like that idea!

Yeah, this time not after a homecoming loss!  :-\

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

The Tampa Tribune

Published: November 16, 2007

TAMPA - With the University of South Florida's recent struggles and Louisville trying to salvage a disappointing season, practically all of the luster has been lost from Saturday's matchup.

But while there are no major national implications at stake, the teams' offenses should provide plenty of excitement.

"It is going to be a game you're going to want to be at. You're going to see a lot of explosive plays on both sides of the field," USF coach Jim Leavitt said. "It is going to be one heck of a football game. Both teams are battling for a position in the conference; both teams are battling for bowl-type situations. There is a lot on the line. I believe our guys will play hard and play well."

RELIEF FOR GROTHE: After RB Mike Ford rushed 28 times for 134 yards and two TDs at Syracuse, QB Matt Grothe, who had led the team in carries in each of the four games leading up to last week's contest, said his body didn't take as much of a beating against the Orange.

"I felt a lot better [Monday] at practice," Grothe said. "Mike did a good job. We just have to continue stressing the running game, and that is just going to open up bigger and better things in the passing game for us."

Gregg Becnel

Hopefully they've finally caught on that they need to keep running Ford in there!  I wonder why Grothe didn't get so banged up??  Hmmm...

we needed these plays against rutgers

• Content Count:  2,277

Yeah we needed these plays for evey game we lost this season!

• Content Count:  12,293

second to last game of the season and they are finally figuring out that they need to give Ford the ball 20 times EVERY game.

Archived