• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Proof the ucIf is part of Floridas "Little Three".......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,812
  • Days Won:  0

Why would UM change an existing 2-1 to a 1-1?  A link would be useful, but I do not understand their thinking on that.

Also, why is Pitt TBA?  You guys got Pitt to come to Orlando first on a 2-1, and are now getting out of last 2 games?  I understand the contracts may allow for it, but it seems like a poor strategy with a team you (UCF) hope would be a future conference partner.

My understanding is next years game is gone with pitt.. Buffalo is replacement.. better for us and for pitt.. the other one isn't settled yet.. thus the to be announced...    From what I've heard the Pitt deal hasn't caused any problems for anyone as of now.. no one is burning bridges with anyone there.. I don't look for the BE doing anything soon.. and when they do they will look at cold hard $$$$ and If we are the best fit we will go ... if not we won't..  these scheduling problems will have little or nothing to do with it.

It looks to me like UCif is trading games they have no shot of winning with quality teams like Buffalo. Ne strategy play no one and hope to win 9-10 games a year and maybe fall into a Boise State situation. All of the dropped games were dropping BCS schools for other mid majors. We are vastly different and on a different path. USF want to play good teams and beat them to get to the top (it worked this year). Before you post that we lost and feel I know; but we got to the #2 spot and controlled our own destiny.That is why we will drop UCif and play Kansas and UM and other BCS schools for years to come.

USF plays in a BCS conference and we still play BCs OOC UCif plays in CDOA and now you are dropping BCS OOC games? Sad

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

What I read said the Miami deal was originally a 2-1, and I saw nothing to the contrary.  You could be right, but that deal was inked in the last couple years so I don't see why Miami would change it.

Correct.

Just like how USF-UM's first deal was for a 2-1 deal...then it was turned into a 6 year series...UCF's current deal with UM is still 2-for-1...but Keith is working with his friends in Miami who know that they will have zero shot at selling even 2/3 of all the seats at Joe Robbie...and UCF's deal with Miami might turn into a longer, even series like UM has with USF.

As of today...UCF is scheduled to go to Ft Lauderdale/Joe Robbie Stadium in 2008 and 2010...and the Canes are scheduled to come to UCF in 2009.

One possibility is that the 2010 game is shifted to a future date so UCF can host 7 home games that year.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

Why would UM change an existing 2-1 to a 1-1?  A link would be useful, but I do not understand their thinking on that.

Also, why is Pitt TBA?  You guys got Pitt to come to Orlando first on a 2-1, and are now getting out of last 2 games?  I understand the contracts may allow for it, but it seems like a poor strategy with a team you (UCF) hope would be a future conference partner.

My understanding is next years game is gone with pitt.. Buffalo is replacement.. better for us and for pitt.. the other one isn't settled yet.. thus the to be announced...    From what I've heard the Pitt deal hasn't caused any problems for anyone as of now.. no one is burning bridges with anyone there.. I don't look for the BE doing anything soon.. and when they do they will look at cold hard $$$$ and If we are the best fit we will go ... if not we won't..  these scheduling problems will have little or nothing to do with it.

It looks to me like UCif is trading games they have no shot of winning with quality teams like Buffalo.

FYI...believe the poster was saying that Buffalo would be UCF's replacement for the game in Pitt.

UCF does not have any games scheduled with Buffalo at this time.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

What I read said the Miami deal was originally a 2-1, and I saw nothing to the contrary.  You could be right, but that deal was inked in the last couple years so I don't see why Miami would change it.

Correct.

Just like how USF-UM's first deal was for a 2-1 deal...then it was turned into a 6 year series...UCF's current deal with UM is still 2-for-1...but Keith is working with his friends in Miami who know that they will have zero shot at selling even 2/3 of all the seats at Joe Robbie...and UCF's deal with Miami might turn into a longer, even series like UM has with USF.

As of today...UCF is scheduled to go to Ft Lauderdale/Joe Robbie Stadium in 2008 and 2010...and the Canes are scheduled to come to UCF in 2009.

One possibility is that the 2010 game is shifted to a future date so UCF can host 7 home games that year.

USF's first deal with Miami was never 2-1.

• Content Count:  711

It looks to me like UCif is trading games they have no shot of winning with quality teams like Buffalo. Ne strategy play no one and hope to win 9-10 games a year and maybe fall into a Boise State situation. All of the dropped games were dropping BCS schools for other mid majors. We are vastly different and on a different path. USF want to play good teams and beat them to get to the top (it worked this year). Before you post that we lost and feel I know; but we got to the #2 spot and controlled our own destiny.That is why we will drop UCif and play Kansas and UM and other BCS schools for years to come.

USF plays in a BCS conference and we still play BCs OOC UCif plays in CDOA and now you are dropping BCS OOC games? Sad

We're not dropping Pitt for Buffalo...Pitt will replace UCF for Buffalo.  UCF also plays BCS OOC games at least two next year.

• Content Count:  3,574

Truth hurts.

GO BULLS!

If it was the truth, why is UCF not playing these types of games anymore?

They still are...

• Content Count:  3,574

Who cares?  We're all going to be biased towards our schools.  We all know where we stand in the public eye.

• Content Count:  711

Who cares?  We're all going to be biased towards our schools.  We all know where we stand in the public eye.

Did you see Sun Network's Tailgate Overtime?  UCF got a segment with highlights...and USF got in the "others around the state" with FIU.  USF played Louisville...and UCF played SMU...YET...USF was put in the "all others" section.  Public eye...not one highlight in the entire show.  They used to bost USF early on in the season, too.  They showed Miami's debacle in Blacksburg.  Leavitt really angered some media.

• Content Count:  958

Did you see Sun Network's Tailgate Overtime?  UCF got a segment with highlights...and USF got in the "others around the state" with FIU.  USF played Louisville...and UCF played SMU...YET...USF was put in the "all others" section.  Public eye...not one highlight in the entire show.  They used to bost USF early on in the season, too.  They showed Miami's debacle in Blacksburg.  Leavitt really angered some media.

Sun Network is a joke...

They were on the USF bandwagon for a little while, but before that they did the same exact thing, having a UCF segment but included USF is the around the state segment.

Are they Orlando based by any chance?

• Content Count:  2,239

Postponing and dropping are two very different things.  I seem to recall the Pitt game being moved to 2006 at their request.  I'm pretty sure they will get their games and WVU get their last one.

We are moving into a position that gives UCF the ability to bring in big names by getting more revenue during home games.  As a result, we have maneuvered our schedule to accommodate 7 home games for I think the next 3 years.  The exact specifics haven't been made public, but we know 6 of the 7 games next year.

Archived