• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any Bulls in the AAFL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

I believe Hugh Smith and I think there are a few others

• Content Count:  1,991

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2007/10/aafl-florida-te.html

Among the former USF players expected to attend Friday's workout are linebacker Maurice Jones, defensive ends Tim Jones, Jason Allen and Jon Simmons, safeties Johnnie Jones and Drametrice Smith, tight end Mike Ruegger, receivers Allynsson Sheffield and Hugh Smith, defensive back Joe Morgan and long-snapper Ryan Bourdeau.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

sweet, would be nice to have a game or to on Catch 47 this spring.

• Content Count:  635

hmm i thought the Florida team was just for former UF players. this is cool though.

• Content Count:  4,738

hmm i thought the Florida team was just for former UF players. this is cool though.

If its not I'm sure all the players from around the state will really enjoy playing in the swamp and wearing the Blue and Orange ::)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

If its not I'm sure all the players from around the state will really enjoy playing in the swamp and wearing the Blue and Orange ::)

They play 2 games in the swamp, 1 at ray jay, and 1 at jacksonville.

If I were a former player I would want a chance to play, the colors of the uniform would not matter.

• Content Count:  3,096
  • Days Won:  1

No, the team is limited to teams within the state of Florida.  The Michigan team might take from a regional area (Big Ten), etc.  Not sure about the other teams though.

• Content Count:  827

No, the team is limited to teams within the state of Florida.  The Michigan team might take from a regional area (Big Ten), etc.  Not sure about the other teams though.

Not true. I just went to the AAFL official site and here is what it states about players.

Must the players have played at one of the schools that are hosting a team?

No. The League desires to have many players who are remembered and loved by the fans at the particular school/region, but it’s not a requirement that a player must have played for the university hosting a League team.

Anyone who meets the player eligibility standards of possessing a 4-year degree and has exhausted their four years of NCAA playing eligibility can play on any team.

• Content Count:  3,096
  • Days Won:  1

Not true. I just went to the AAFL official site and here is what it states about players.

Must the players have played at one of the schools that are hosting a team?

No. The League desires to have many players who are remembered and loved by the fans at the particular school/region, but it’s not a requirement that a player must have played for the university hosting a League team.

Anyone who meets the player eligibility standards of possessing a 4-year degree and has exhausted their four years of NCAA playing eligibility can play on any team.

Good to know, thanks for the clarification.

Archived