• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe vs. Voss

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  720
  • Days Won:  0

Hey bulls. I haven't seen any clips on Voss to know anything about him except that there was alot of hype in getting him. How does he compare with Grothe and will Grothe have competition for the starting spot next season? This is not a replace Grothe thread by any means (94' Lake Gibson grad here so I love Grothe) but I just want to know what Voss can bring to the Bulls that Grothe can't. Also, if Voss is a pocket QB maybe we could utilize both like LSU does. One pocket QB and one threat of running QB.

On another note did anyone watching the game on TV ( I rewatched it on DVR when I got home) here the commentators call out the "Grothe Run" about three times when we lined up amd they were right? I mean if these second rate commentators can call our plays doesn't Gregory realize that the DC can read them all day long too? Also when rewatcing the game I saw C. Hill put a couple big hits on the defense. Once when blocking for Grothe and another when he was carrying the ball and because of the hit he got 3 more yards and TONS OF RESPECT from the UC defense I'm sure....lol That kid is monster out there and I can't understand why he isn't getting more blocking and/or catching routes.

• Content Count:  4,642

he dropped the pass in the endzone at UCONN

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Yes.

Ok I think I get it....lol Voss isn't going to offer us anything at the QB positon. Thanks for the info.

• Content Count:  1,911

He could be a QB, but he'd make a **** fine Safety.

I wouldn't rule him out at QB just yet, but if he decides he wants to see the field next year instead of waiting, he'll be in the defensive secondary.

• Content Count:  4,642

he played both in high school, but i think he will end up a QB if we dont get another QB in here and also depending on our depth at DB

He's like a taller, bigger grothe

A taller, bigger Grothe!!!!! Sound like just what the doctor ordered! Anyway I hope Grothe continues to grow and Gregory quits trying to make him the RB and he finishes his senior season with BIG win over UF.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

I hope Grothe continues to grow and Gregory quits trying to make him the RB and he finishes his senior season with BIG win over UF.

we don't play UF until 2010.

Grothe graduates in 2009.

Archived