• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

has this season been disappointing

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Totally disappointing.

There is a word for what has happened this season:  COLLAPSE.

On October 18 we were #2 in the BCS.  Three weeks later, we are 1-3 in the BE, unranked and slotted to go to the International Bowl.

We collapsed folks.  And that . . . disappoints me.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  635
  • Days Won:  0

you must suffer from short term memory loss.

Beating Auburn: Priceless

Beating WVU and rushing the field: Amazing

Serving UCF a can of whoopass and humble pie for dessert: use to it.

Last 3 weeks have been dissapointing, but we've still had a good season.

yes, the last 3 weeks have been disappointing, and since we're not going to regain the status this year that we had earlier in the season, then the whole season is a disappointment. there have been great moments, but the season as a whole is disappointing.

• Content Count:  1,165

If you are not disappointed at the season right now, you have some seriously low expectations.

Disappointed in the losses...who wouldn't be

Thinking this season has been a total bust...no way

Expectation will always very...the final outcome says it best

I wonder, when this season is all and done. Would someone post a thread, asking the people on this board to sum up this season in their own words...then compare it to what they had said at the start of the season. How different would the expections then be?  :-\

I am in no way saying this season is a total bust. I am saying it's a disappointment

• Content Count:  282

you must suffer from short term memory loss.

Beating Auburn: Priceless

Beating WVU and rushing the field: Amazing

Serving UCF a can of whoopass and humble pie for dessert: use to it.

Last 3 weeks have been dissapointing, but we've still had a good season.

being 1-3 in big east is unexcusable with 20 returning starters

beat auburn means little when usf is 1-3 in big east

Unbelievably, I must agree.  The Auburn victory is meaningless when we are at the bottom of our conference.  Yes we recieved national attention and that is worth something, but then we took that attention and ruined it by imploding in the three consecutive losses to teams that we should have beaten and doing it on the national stage. 

So even if we equal what we were able to do last year, am I satisfied with that particularly in light of the way that we started the season?  No, I am not.  I am not satisfied with going to the same level bowl as those we have already been to.  I don't think Jim is satisfied with it either.

In light of these things, yes I am disappointed but it does not matter.  I can't wait for next year.

GO BULLS!!!  Win the next one.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,379
  • Days Won:  10

First, Hell no, it isn't a disappointing year.  It has been a great year for all the reasons mentioned above.  It has been a disappointing three game stretch.  And, in my mind, it is because of the injuries on the OLine.  That is understandable.

Second, I don't know where anyone gets the "#2 really wasn't deserved" thing.  It absolutely was deserved.  We won good games against big opponents and crushed a little one.  Teams ahead of us (who mostly beat lesser opponents) lost and we moved up.  It was absolutely deserved, earned, and I don't appreciate people devaluing it.

It is amazing the speed with which this team accomplishes goals.  Let's stop being myopic and look at all the good things the team has done.  I am still psyched!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  125

Considering we are tied for last in the conference, I'm not sure how you can say no.

The Auburn win feels like forever ago.  All that really matters is conference play and we're 1-3.  How in the hell is that not disappointing?

I mean our best hope is the Car Care Bowl and even that seems like a long shot.  Hell, being the last place team in the conference, can we even make a bowl game with 6 wins??  I'm guessing not. 

You can throw in all the IFs and woulda couldas that you want, but looking at the present situation, it's not pretty.

• Content Count:  143

Until the Cincinatti loss I was happy with the year.  If we manage to not finish ranked this year I will be very disappointed.  That was the one monumental goal for the program that  I thought we could accomplish this year.

The other big positive from this year is the already 9-0 Kansas that will be coming to Ray-Jay next year.  They will be coming to Tampa off of their best year ever.  We will have an opportunity next year to once again make another major statement against an out of conference BCS foe.  Lets all wish Kansas a strong finish.  How nice would it be to beat the defending Big 12 Champion next year.  September 13th mark it on your calenders.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

I'm disappointed each time we lose . . .

This season already has more positives than 2006 and am expecting to win the final FOUR games !

Go BULLS !!!

Archived