• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In defense of Greg Gregory.......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

our WR's are garbage

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Sorry boys, I graduated from FAU in 1989 with a degree in Marketing and Advertising.  I happen to like UCF better then USF because I married a UCF grad, but please, spin it any way you want, Grothe is overrated, no amount of changing peoples posts can refute that.

No spin needed and no posts were changed. You may have graduated from FAU but you're a UCF fan, which is all I was pointing out in my original response ..... Hey, you guys are having a nice little run in CUSA, no need to be embarrassed any longer.

• Content Count:  132

Sorry boys, I graduated from FAU in 1989 with a degree in Marketing and Advertising.  I happen to like UCF better then USF because I married a UCF grad, but please, spin it any way you want, Grothe is overrated, no amount of changing peoples posts can refute that.

No spin needed and no posts were changed. You may have graduated from FAU but you're a UCF fan, which is all I was pointing out in my original response ..... Hey, you guys are having a nice little run in CUSA, no need to be embarrassed any longer.

Well I am not a season ticket holder to any team in Florida, but I have been to one FAU game, three USF games and one UCF game.  Not sure where you say I am a UCF fan.  Truth be told, I was more of a Miami fan then anything up until three years ago.  But if going after me makes you feel better about the complete melt down in Tampa, go for it. 

Mid-Atlantic, I never said I did not like Grothe, the kid is all guts and any football must apprieciate his heart.  What I said was, he was overrated as a QB and the numbers are on my side.  USF's WR's are weak, I agree, but it is not easy being a WR playing with Grothe because he is always looking to run first, pass second.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

leavitt is to blame not gregory

There are a handful of guys on these boards you can't take very seriously.  They think they are the most intelligent, most informed, and most important people and fans out there.

[holds mirror up to M-A-B]  

• Content Count:  416

First off there's a disconnect between saying he's overrated or underrated because no one is saying where he's rated. The only place I can think of is the 'Groethe > Tebow' contingent which is almost tongue in cheek.

I think most USF fans are realistic about Groethe, he's a smaller QB who makes great scrambling plays and when given time and well run routes an accurate passer. When he's not given time and accurate routes he's like most QBs, inaccurate and frazzled. He doesn't have the height and arm strength that you look for in the prototypical QB but he does have scrambling ability which is good enough to compensate in college. I'd hate to see just how bad we'd be with a leadfoot QB in the backfield with the way our running game and pass blocking has been the past 3 weeks.

Groethe had a bad game but without some sort've running game we're not going to get any better with a pocket passer.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

There are a handful of guys on these boards you can't take very seriously.  They think they are the most intelligent, most informed, and most important people and fans out there.

[holds mirror up to M-A-B]  

:D

Cute......but untrue.

Not sure where you say I am a UCF fan.

I have no idea .....  ::)

I really can't figure out why morons like yourself are so fixated on the past.  UCF is 2 and 30 something against BCS teams, who cares, we are 1-1 against them this year, that is all that counts.  Also, if USF played UCF's schedule this year, chances are we would both have the same record.  Know what, we both will have the same record come Sunday, next week.

FACT is, USF has not played anyone this year.  Auburn has slipped 38 in the sagarin ratings while Texas is still #9.  That very same Sagarin ratings has USF's schedule ranked #93 so far and UCF's #37.  Oh and while UCF's #60 rating my not be all that impressive, it is still ahead of Pitt, Louisville and Cuse.  Just the facts.

I've have only read Greg's blog a few times when I see stuff that concerns UCF, but I will tell you that the UCF blog on the Sentinal can't have one post without a USF poster going to town under some BS name.  It is always allowed and I really could care less.  If that moron wants to spend his time writing crap about USF or UCF for whatever reason, so be it.  It does not appear that there is much of a separation between this board and Greg's blog.  Sorry Greg, nothing personal as I envy what you do for USF, and wish the Orlando Sentinal would commit half as much energy to UCF.  That being said, I think you are too concerned about peoples feelings on this board.  I see Brad's point of view because this is a USF website, but you are an independent paper that reports for the community, not this message board.

did any of you guys actually go to the game.  NCSU did not shut down the run, the play calling killed the run.  The play calling in the first half was a great mix of run and pass, that was not there in the second half.  NCSU did little to shut down UCF,  UCF shut down UCF.

You must have a wrist band to get into the club, those are only given out in the club, after your club pass has been punched.  What peole were talking about were people walking up to the club seats and sitting in them.  That was fixed this past weekend.

Archived