• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In defense of Greg Gregory.......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,412
  • Days Won:  0

Matt does require teams to break down for him to make plays.  But that is not the problem.

The problem is simple.  We rely to heavily on Matt to make other teams break down and God bless him he does it a lot.  We need other players on the team, especially the RB's to push the other team into breaking down.  It is what the spread offense is reliant upon.

I saw in yesterday's game for the first time in 3 weeks a break down in the defense not caused by Grothe's play making.  It was during the one consistent drive in which we had a successful running attack.  When Ford was in the game in the 2nd half he ran the ball successfully and I actually saw a Defensive End crash down the line on the play, which opened a big hole on the right side for Grothe to exploit.

As long as the other team does not have to honor the RB we will continue to struggle and rely on Grothe to break down defenses on his own.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Our #2 QB looked pretty solid against your sorry ass Kanigits so I don't think your observation is valid ...... of course, our #3 qb looked solid against your clown team, too, so maybe that's not a real good game to judge him on.

Sorry to break it to you, but your #2 QB did not play against my team and if your horrible big east officials did not blow the punt interferece call, you probably would have lost to my team.

Will you please stop with the posing as an FAU fan..... I realize it's embarrassing to be a UCF fan and FAU DID give us a lot better fight but please stop with this charade.

And just in case you're stupid enough to keep denying it .....

Ucif has yet to beat a team this that has won a Div 1 game and with how bad CUSA is they may not play a team with a Div 1 win until they play USF

NC State 1-2 win over Wofford

Memphis 1-2 win over Jacksonville state

We have UNC who does have a win over a Div1 but AU has a couple and Elon can beat the team Memphis and NC State did and then we have the rest of our schedule form here on out face teams with a BCS win

Nuke, are you freaking serious.  Take a look in the mirror!

Elon- Nuff said

Auburn - Beat KState and KState has yet to beat a BCS team, nor anyone worth a ****.

Lost to USF, who has not played anyone.

Beat New Mexico state, and was up ONE at Half and Auburn has yet to play a road game.

UNC - Has not won a Div 1 game yet.

So please, while you may want to bash UCF's schedule, we have played a top 10 team.  We played the better North Carolina team and we don't have a 1-aa team on the schedule.

Oh stop your whinning!  At least the Sentinel acts as if USF is alive, the St. Pete Trash will not even acknowlege that UCF exists.  Hell, they go out of their way to act as if we are not here.  The Trib will sometimes write about UCF, but the Sentinel will at least have stories about USF.  You forgot to mention that USF had almost a whole page dedicated to them in the Sentinel. 

Besides, USF has beaten arguably the worst team in the SEC, the worst team in the ACC and Elon.  Beat WVU Friday night and maybe things will change.

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Our #2 QB looked pretty solid against your sorry ass Kanigits so I don't think your observation is valid ...... of course, our #3 qb looked solid against your clown team, too, so maybe that's not a real good game to judge him on.

Sorry to break it to you, but your #2 QB did not play against my team and if your horrible big east officials did not blow the punt interferece call, you probably would have lost to my team.

Will you please stop with the posing as an FAU fan..... I realize it's embarrassing to be a UCF fan and FAU DID give us a lot better fight but please stop with this charade.

And just in case you're stupid enough to keep denying it .....

Ucif has yet to beat a team this that has won a Div 1 game and with how bad CUSA is they may not play a team with a Div 1 win until they play USF

NC State 1-2 win over Wofford

Memphis 1-2 win over Jacksonville state

We have UNC who does have a win over a Div1 but AU has a couple and Elon can beat the team Memphis and NC State did and then we have the rest of our schedule form here on out face teams with a BCS win

Nuke, are you freaking serious.  Take a look in the mirror!

Elon- Nuff said

Auburn - Beat KState and KState has yet to beat a BCS team, nor anyone worth a ****.

Lost to USF, who has not played anyone.

Beat New Mexico state, and was up ONE at Half and Auburn has yet to play a road game.

UNC - Has not won a Div 1 game yet.

So please, while you may want to bash UCF's schedule, we have played a top 10 team.  We played the better North Carolina team and we don't have a 1-aa team on the schedule.

Oh stop your whinning!  At least the Sentinel acts as if USF is alive, the St. Pete Trash will not even acknowlege that UCF exists.  Hell, they go out of their way to act as if we are not here.  The Trib will sometimes write about UCF, but the Sentinel will at least have stories about USF.  You forgot to mention that USF had almost a whole page dedicated to them in the Sentinel. 

Besides, USF has beaten arguably the worst team in the SEC, the worst team in the ACC and Elon.  Beat WVU Friday night and maybe things will change.

Toe jam, you just got owned!

• Content Count:  136

Our defense has not shown up. Please blitz more to get Selvie back into some 1 on 1 matchups wear he can use pure talent to get passed the tackle

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

Well, I'll stop discussing with a Knight fan that is afraid to admit who his team is ... LMAO.

• Content Count:  1,457

the OC is a joke - he was someone elses trash and now is our treasure. 

Get used to being average just like the OC.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

the OC is a joke - he was someone elses trash and now is our treasure. 

Get used to being average just like the OC.

You're right, PMR.

He couldn't stick with the illustrious Ohio Bobcats.

But hey.......that's a major, high-profile offensive coordinator job right there.

Greg Gregory is widesly considered one of the top offensive minds in college football.

Just consider last year how he was coaching our Tight Ends who had even less involvement in the offense last year than they do this year.

• Content Count:  132

Sorry boys, I graduated from FAU in 1989 with a degree in Marketing and Advertising.  I happen to like UCF better then USF because I married a UCF grad, but please, spin it any way you want, Grothe is overrated, no amount of changing peoples posts can refute that.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Sorry boys, I graduated from FAU in 1989 with a degree in Marketing and Advertising.  I happen to like UCF better then USF because I married a UCF grad, but please, spin it any way you want, Grothe is overrated, no amount of changing peoples posts can refute that.

ToeJam.....

There are a handful of guys on these boards you can't take very seriously.  They think they are the most intelligent, most informed, and most important people and fans out there.

I do disagree with you on Grothe, though.  The guy is trying to do it on his own.  The best playcalls are the ones that end up being broken plays with him scrambling around.  With a decent O-line and an offensive coordinator who is actually QUALIFIED, he'd be even better.

• Content Count:  11

That's funny.  He claims that you changed his post, yet if you follow the link...it is there...plain as day.  Word for word.  And funny to read that whole post talking up UCF...  And he says that they don't have a 1aa team on their schedule - but thats b/c the entire conference belongs in 1aa.  LOL.  64-12.  Nuff said.

Archived