• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pre paying for Parking passes for OLD MALL LOT

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  384
  • Days Won:  0

I want to know what it would take to get Pre-Paid Parking passes for the old Mall lot.  I was out there yesterday at 7am to get everything set up for Tailgating.  Around 9:45 a bunch of us were like man where the heck is everyone. That is when a cop car came chasing someone who "Snuck" in.  Turns out they were not letting anyone else in till 10:30. I think that is total BULL CRAP.  If people want to get out early to Tailgate they should be able to.  I would like to see what the possibility of Prepaying for a Parking Pass for Next Season would be.  That way if you want to get out Early its no problem you have already paid. Plus in the Old Mall parking lot its not like they are using it for anything else.  Please let me know what you think.

Thanks Brad

• Content Count:  2,118

that was total ******** yesterday. I got there about 9:15 and the cops turned me away. I was gonna jump the curb but decided not to risk it.

• Content Count:  16,395
  • Days Won:  43

Just another reason to get that OCS. I cant wait until that someday becomes a reality.

• Content Count:  3,827

usually they just come around and charge us when they get there.......it's never been a problem. i dont get it.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

wierd my faminly and myself got there without problems around 8:30 and we brought the camper.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,765
  • Days Won:  3

...I want to know what it would take to get Pre-Paid Parking passes for the old Mall lot.

1. What good would a 'pre-paid' pass do...

2. If the lots, owned and operated by the Bucs, are to be opened at x-hour, you'd have to adhere

to that....

3. Entry to the mall lots, if this is an issue, could be controlled by a physical gate (as are the north parking

lots of the stadium), rather than relying on individuals being in place at a given time to collect cash. 

...If people want to get out early to Tailgate they should be able to.  I would like to see what the possibility of Prepaying for a Parking Pass for Next Season would be.  That way if you want to get out Early its no problem you have already paid. Plus in the Old Mall parking lot its not like they are using it for anything else.

If the lot were public property, that might be the case. As it is, it belongs to the Bucs and they can - and do -

control access and administer it as they see fit. Why else would the police have an issue with early arrival? Why

not camp out there the night before? If this becomes a major issue, I'd look for a series of physical gates to be

installed to ensure that there is no parking until the agreed upon time.   

• Content Count:  2,511

If people want to get out early to Tailgate they should be able to.

Since it is private property, the Bucs are liable for anything that may occur on their property.  The also do not anyone damaging their property either. They most likely do not have anyone (police or private security) scheduled and paid to monitor the lots.  While your intentions were probably to tailgate, enjoy yourselves, and not cause any problems, there are always butt heads who screw that up for everyone else.

The Bucs are just covering themselves from financial loss and/or legal responsibility.  You really cannot fault them for only making the lots available between certain hours.  USF could probably request that they open the lots earlier, but USF would have to foot the additional security costs.

You may not be able to change anything for this season because we only have one home game left, but you could start the ball rolling for next season by contacting the USF athletics department about changing the hours of the parking lots.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

usually they just come around and charge us when they get there.......it's never been a problem. i dont get it.

Yeah never had a problem being asked to leave either. 

Archived