• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It could be worse, we could be Notre Dame

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

But yet week in & week out they manage to sell the dang place out.

• Content Count:  5,241

There's nothing else to do in the middle of Indiana!

Put them in Tampa where you can go out on the beach in friggin November and that might change!

• Content Count:  635

maybe it's because they have 1000x the history and tradition that we do.

• Content Count:  39

My god...imagine the NEBRASKA fans....I went to the game when UCF played there, what an amazing environment in that city (Lincoln) UGH I can't imagine what they must be going through, But back in the late 80's early 90's thet would hang 70 on someone and not even blink, so in a way I guess they deserve it..

Put them in Tampa where you can go out on the beach in friggin November and that might change!

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with available entertainment alternatives.

Most of the Notre Dame fan base drives from all over to go to the game... These are not thousands of local, South Bend residents looking for something to do on a Saturday afternoon in the fall.

• Content Count:  1,254

And we could be 9-0...what's your point?

• Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

And we could be 9-0...what's your point?

Here comes the:

Hey if you told me we would be ranked at #2 even if we finished the season with only 6 wins I would be happy argument.

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

My brother graduated from ND and he goes to all the home games.  He was there yesterday to witness history as Navy beat them in 3 OT, all the way from Ocala, Florida.  They are a national team, not regional like us.

• Content Count:  1,241

We both know that has absolutely nothing to do with it. They have awesome fans, ours suck ass. Not even just the amount of people who dont show up, but the amount of people who go to the usf game wearing gators shirts and yelling tim tebow is better (yes i heard that). Or the amount of people leaving when we were still within 11 points and had plenty of time to comeback.

• Content Count:  2,661

My god...imagine the NEBRASKA fans...UGH I can't imagine what they must be going through

There's a lot more wrong with Nebraska football than the won-loss record. The Pederson/Callahan regime pretty much alienated the whole state. Tom Osborne has been engaged in PR efforts, like inviting back letterwinners (apparently Peterson closed the door to them) and putting old trophies back on public display (apparently Peterson took them down).

To answer your question, Nebraska fans have pretty much written off this season, and are just glad steps are being taken to make Nebraska a family again. The $64,000 question is, of course, who the next coach will be. (Whether or not Bill Callahan will be fired is the $1 question.) There's pressure to hire someone with Nebraska ties, but that hasn't worked too well for a lot of schools who've tried to restore past glories: Mike Shula, John Blake, John Robinson, and most of the coaches Pittsburgh had in the past 25 years.

Archived