• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Comparing to CJL to Tony Dungy w/ the Bucs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

After last nights debacle and in the midst of seeing a season being pissed away, my anger and frustration directed me to CJL. Does he have what it takes to bring this team/program to the next level? Does he know how to win?Finish Strong, please!

Going into this season, my thoughts were..."wow...imagine we beat WVU, Auburn, and head into the RU game undefeated..what would that be like? (especially since I was making the to RU)" ...well, looks like our coaching staff had the same thoughts as they have been ad-libbing the game plan since the UCF game. I know its easy to point fingers, but c'mon...the staff has to take some of the heat. Dont get me started on that UCONN play-call....ugh....

As far as CJL, is there any chance of a repeat scenario of what Dungy did for the Bucs? Dungy layed the foundation, was a great person - people love him - he gets canned, then the new guy comes in - lights a fire and takes the same team to a championship. Will we see the same thing happen w/ our Bulls?

• Content Count:  635

the thing is, Leavitt will never be fired after a season like Dungy was fired for. i.e., being good enough to compete, but not good enough to win. the only way Leavitt will be fired is if he has multiple losing seasons with no change in sight.

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

the thing is, Leavitt will never be fired after a season like Dungy was fired for. i.e., being good enough to compete, but not good enough to win. the only way Leavitt will be fired is if he has multiple losing seasons with no change in sight.

Dungy's teams here had some of the worst offenses I have ever seen on a winning team, yet they still made the playoffs. Yes he was ultimately resposible for what happened but even when the Bucs won it all, the offense during the regular season left a lot to be disired.  The way Dungy was dismissed was a disgrace.  You and your show are too.

• Content Count:  385

No way in hell someone "lights a fire" under a team where CJL didn't.

The Dungy comparison is not applicable here.

• Content Count:  171

If there is an award for worst post of the year - I nominate this one.

For starters CJL doesn't have the pieces to compete at the top level of college football.  

He doesn't have the financial resources to put together a top level coaching staff.

He doesn't have enough Division I talent on offense.

MOST IMPORTANTLY he has done an incredible job building this program - the fact that he has elevated expectations to such a crazy level in such a short amount of time is testament to what a tremendous job he has done.

• Content Count:  10,219

not nearly the same

CJL is learning along with this team, the big stage has a learning curve as well (tubberville is a master, IMO)

you also have a "new" coaching staff almost every year...hard to get fancy with no continuity

this is a young team at most key positions, young players will be inconsistant.

IF all the coaches stick around and the same thing happens next year then we have cause now this is growing pains.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Obviously Dungy isn't a good enough coach to win it all. Good call. Great comparison.

So, we should bring in a new coach, let him win with leavitt's team next season, then run us into the ground like Gruden has done with the Bucs.

I am all for it, this is a brilliant idea. Let's get Doug Woolard out of there and make Larry the AD.

• Content Count:  1,370

Leavitt won't get replaced. That's absurd.

Archived