• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Band?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,245
  • Days Won:  2

I miss the WVU crowd-- where we had butts in seats for the duration.

the WVU crowd probably misses the Bulls team that played that Friday night.

where did they go?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,245
  • Days Won:  2

i personally love HOT.  so does my g/f, who thinks it's the best part of the game.

playing between downs is when the band is supposed to play.  i don't see any other time they CAN play...  when they line up?  during the middle of game play?  not play at all while the guys are on offense?  get real.

in fact, i've noticed that HOT often cuts their segments short, or speeds up the charts to get thru the songs quick enough to avoid playing over the players when they line up at the LOS.  they always seem cognizant of what's happening on the field and play around that.

IMO, this thread is pathetic... our team loses 3 games, and the fanbase completely devolves into chaos, finger pointing and scapegoating.

we didn't lose on Saturday because the band played while our guys were in the huddle.  we lost because our team played half-assed defense in the first half, turned the ball over 8 times--- including several in the redzone, had no running game outside of MG, and dropped passes in the endzone.  none of that has anything to do with HOT...  and if we had won, everybody would be talking about how great HOT is, or at the very least, not talking ****.

to the HOT members here: keep doing what u do. most of us love u guys and what u bring to the game for the fans and the team.  ignore the vocal minority because they are just that--- a minority.

and if anyone has a link to where we can donate to HOT, please post it up.  if there's someone we can write to to lobby for more funding and support, post up the address/email.   if u guys need help, its up to the students and fans to raise a fuss and make it happen.

• Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

HOT is the best.  Reading this thread makes me want to donate directly to the band fund.  Is there a link?  I could use the tax write-off.

HOT - keep up the good work, and thank you for your dedication!

• Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

I really just want to hear them, I dont think its too much ask

If you really want to hear them then sit in the lower bowl in the northwest portion of the stadium... It's the only place that RJS accoustics will work...

Or better yet, donate to HOT so they can pay off their uniforms and buy much needed supplies... 

Will the needed supplies allow one to hear H.O.T. who sit on the 35 yd line (lower) on the same side HOT plays on?? or the new supplies will be helpful & nice but because of RJS construction one still wont be able to hear the band unless they are sitting in the lower bowl, northwest portion of the stadium as you mentioned.

BOTTOM LINE; sounds like to me until we get an OCS (someone from H.O.T. better be on the design committee for that one) unless you sit in the lower level in the northwest corner of the stadium you are SOL, if you want to hear the greatest sound in America.

• Content Count:  1,532

DONATIONS TO HOT:

http://band.arts.usf.edu/donate.htm

Note:  When you click on the link on this page, a video will pop up.  The donation link at the end only works if you watch the video.  Put it on mute if you don't want to watch it. 

• Content Count:  1,532

I really just want to hear them, I dont think its too much ask

If you really want to hear them then sit in the lower bowl in the northwest portion of the stadium... It's the only place that RJS accoustics will work...

Or better yet, donate to HOT so they can pay off their uniforms and buy much needed supplies... 

Will the needed supplies allow one to hear H.O.T. who sit on the 35 yd line (lower) on the same side HOT plays on?? or the new supplies will be helpful & nice but because of RJS construction one still wont be able to hear the band unless they are sitting in the lower bowl, northwest portion of the stadium as you mentioned.

BOTTOM LINE; sounds like to me until we get an OCS (someone from H.O.T. better be on the design committee for that one) unless you sit in the lower level in the northwest corner of the stadium you are SOL, if you want to hear the greatest sound in America.

No they won't.  Supplies and funding are another story... one that shows the major funding problems the band has.  But the thing is... nothing can really change this sound problem.  Back when I started in HOT in 03, we sat in the student endzone.  It was a great place and most people could hear us... but we had no way to get to the field!  The band ended up going up near concessions and down a ramp then into a tunnel.  It tooks us an entire quarter to get to the field!  With the increased attendance, the band could never do what they did then NOW.  Until we have an OCS that USF can change to our liking... I don't see anything major happening.

Archived