• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Band?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  99
  • Days Won:  0

Why do they play while our OFFENSE is on the field in the huddle? Dont they realize that this hurts us??????

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,991

since they are too proud to be mic'ed, (where most other university bands are) nobody hears them anyway, but I do agree playing while your sqaud is on offense just shows how unknowledgeable the leaders who give them the direction to play are.

• Content Count:  635

i'd like to hear the band more. mainly because that "totally dude" song is the most laughably awful song of all time. i have a feeling real college football stadiums don't play that kind of crap, they let the band do the work in the music department.

• Content Count:  32

-The situations in which the Band plays has been approved by Athletics and the coaching staff.  We are in constant communication during the week of a home game, and trust me - if the Band interfered with our team, we would hear about it.

-Amplifiying the Band has nothing to do with pride, we want EVERYONE to hear us!  However, it's nearly impossible to do it in RayJay in such a way that 1) sounds good, and 2) doesn't cause timing problems.  Band amplification is actually NOT the norm across the country.

As always, please feel free to contact me directly with questions about the Band.  schnettler@arts.usf.edu

GO BULLS!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

since they are too proud to be mic'ed, (where most other university bands are) nobody hears them anyway,

Um... might want to get your fact straight before you look uneducated.... There is only one band in the state of florida that is Mic'd and that's UM. AND THEY SOUND HORRIBLE!!!!!! With the double tier construction of RJS the accoustics are crap and you will never hear HOT if your in the 300's on the east side or in the south endzone.... It's not HOT's fault you can't hear them. ::)

• Content Count:  971

I hope someone from HOT looks at a tape of the game.  Most of the TV shots of the band were directed to the top half of their section, where they have some extra room.  It looked raggedy-ass up there, with the sousaphones spread out too much, just doing their own thang.  Tighten it up people. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  161

they didn't play during the action-- but in between. That is no worse than cheering for the offense after a good play.

What is more ANNOYING is hearing some stupid ***** screaming obscenities at the band every time they do this. And it is always the same thing-- heard it at least ten times last game--- "F#$@ You, band!"

wow-- that is really stupid.

• Content Count:  1,991

I really just want to hear them, I dont think its too much ask

Archived