• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TBO Article

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

No. 2 Ranking Seems Like Centuries Ago For USF

http://www.tbo.com/sports/MGBEIAT1L8F.html

In a related business item, General Motors has closed the last of its USF Bandwagon plants. The last wagon rolled off the assembly line around midnight. The wheels fell off.

It's really hard to say a team that sets a school record for turnovers deserves to win. "It's amazing we were in it," Leavitt said. On the other hand, the way Cincinnati shriveled down the stretch, how do you not win?

And how does Grothe amass 457 yards of offense (382 passing) and still manage to be a goat with four interceptions and a fumble? And how can you expect him to be anything without a running game?

One thing for sure is that the tens of thousands of fans who raced from Raymond James Stadium before USF's hearty last gasp didn't deserve a comeback. Don't hurt yourself jumping off, folks.

Then again, we're not sure if there's any coming back from this.

"I told the guys the season isn't over," Bull linebacker Brouce Mompremier said. "We're playing for pride."

Uh, when you're playing for pride, the season is over.

• Content Count:  808
  • Days Won:  0

Extremely harsh. Why wouldn't they list the author?

Whoever wrote that has some deep-seated hatred from the Bulls, and was just waiting for an opportunity like this. You can feel it as you read the article.

Yes, the team has pretty much dropped the ball on the season.

HOWEVER...

Before the media uses these last few games to stamp USF as a pretender program...they had best consider that USF is still WAY ahead of where it should be for a program, and one year it WILL have the dream season we thought we might get now.  When the bulls win, TBO has dry stat rehashes. When they lose...this? They will never see a penny of my money. The Times/TBO is the real pretender here.

Of course, no one will hold these types of papers/authors accountable when that happens. Just like when Duemig went soft on USF and everybody was all "shucks, he's not such a bad guy"

Disgusting.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

The article is by Martin Fennelley, Tampa Trib, Sports Section, Page 1 Column 4 & continued on page 5:

"Then again, we're not sure if there's any coming back from this.

"I told the guys the season isn't over," Bull linebacker Brouce Mompremier said. "We're playing for pride."

This was USF's first home game since the Bulls crushed UCF to climb to No. 2. This was their first time home since Rutgers and Connecticut. And they weren't ready - again.

They allowed 31 points in the first quarter, more than any USF team ever had in any quarter. They allowed 38 points by halftime, more than any USF team had ever allowed in any half...

Although you may not care for the commentary, the numbers are what the numbers are. At 1-3 in the conference, we are tied with last place Syracuse (or Syracuse is now tied with number #7 South Florida).

• Content Count:  808

The article is by Martin Fennelley, Tampa Trib, Sports Section, Page 1 Column 4 & continued on page 5:

"Then again, we're not sure if there's any coming back from this.

This was USF's first home game since the Bulls crushed UCF to climb to No. 2. This was their first time home since Rutgers and Connecticut. And they weren't ready - again.

They allowed 31 points in the first quarter, more than any USF team ever had in any quarter. They allowed 38 points by halftime, more than any USF team had ever allowed in any half...

Although you may not care for the commentary, the numbers are what the numbers are. At 1-3 in the conference, we are tied with last place Syracuse (or Syracuse is now tied with number #7 South Florida).

Oops, Trib is what I meant...NOT Times. Thanks for the catch.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Oops, Trib is what I meant...NOT Times. Thanks for the catch.

I know the numbers are bad. But it's the way he frames the article that burns my ass. You can say stuff like "Heartbreaking loss" and still get the numbers across. Did he do that? Nope, he decided to say "this is your legacy, South Florida".

It hurts, for sure, but I couldn't find one thing in that article that was questionable.  It was a disgraceful performance, and to not get across the point how bad it was would have been a failure of writing.  Just MHO.

• Content Count:  2,511

Whoever wrote that has some deep-seated hatred from the Bulls, and was just waiting for an opportunity like this. You can feel it as you read the article.

Conspiracy theorize much?

You know men actually landed on the moon, and it was not some elaborate hoax cooked up in a Hollywood studio.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

The coaches and team absolutely need to be held accountable.  The coach is making a million dollars a year.  TV revenue brings in millions of dollars to the University.  The stadium was selling out and generating hundreds of thousands of dollars in additonal revenue.  The possibility of not going to a bowl or lesser now costs the University money.  Any recruits' interest lost in this losing streak?  The big publicity was generating interest of donors.  not only athletics, but for research and academically. not to mention the thousands of people that plunked down money for season tickets.  It all adds up and effects many people at many different levels.  Now we may drop back into obscurity.  Certainly not the end of the world, but we chose to enter the world of BCS sports.  Any and all criticism and calling out the coaching staff is absolutely warranted. If you reap the rewards, time to face the music as well.

We were ranked #2 in the country.  Any expectations created were reality because we played winning football.  We are a BCS conference team now.  Like it or not ( and I know some people don't really like it) BCS football (sports) is a big big business.  It's not all fun and games and playing for a good game.

• Content Count:  10,219

the truth hurts.

one can still remain optimistic!

and love the bulls!

we have proven that winning will bring the casual (bandwagon) fans to the satdium.

so let's go win some more.

Archived