• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We need to let a RB stay in the game

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,489
  • Days Won:  13

long enough to get into a groove.

I still dont understand why Ben Williams starts. Yes he played well against FAU. Big Deal.

1.5 yards a carry with a long of 6.

I understand Fords numbers were not much better, but he is not even given a chance to get into a groove. What am I missing....

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  349
  • Days Won:  0

What am I missing....

My guess would be Sunday through Friday... :)

• Content Count:  17,489
  • Days Won:  13

What am I missing....

Well it sure isint working on Saturdays.

Last week Taylor breaks a huge run early in the game and we dont go back to him, this week Ford does not get into the game until the 2nd half.......

• Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, a major key to our offense is a consistent running back. I am not talking about a game breaker, but someone who can consistently get 4 or 5 yards.

• Content Count:  21,077
  • Days Won:  39

What am I missing....

Well it sure isint working on Saturdays.

Last week Taylor breaks a huge run early in the game and we dont go back to him, this week Ford does not get into the game until the 2nd half.......

Ford never gets into the game until the second half when the game is totally out of control.  Then we score on the drive he is in there and he never gets back in the game.  Frankly, I wish they would not use him at all if they are just going to do that.  What a waste.

• Content Count:  21,077
  • Days Won:  39

I understand Fords numbers were not much better, but he is not even given a chance to get into a groove. What am I missing....

Well, the offense always seems to score when they put Ford in the game and then they take him out.  I think at this point today they had a FG, they put Ford in and the offense starts gelling, they score their first TD, then they take him out.  LOLOLOL.

Seriously though, if you want to know why Ben Williams starts, he blocks like a maniac and he catches passes like crazy.  Ford AND TAYLOR have some learning to do because they are still FR...

That said, yes I know Ford isn't ready but he is our best option to actually run the ball.  I am @#$(& tired of watching Grothe be our running game.

• Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

RB's should not be benched, same reason you don't bench a QB for an Int.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Not to mention that the defenders bit when we ran the option read with Ford.  We gave it to him the first couple of times, he hit the defender in the mouth, then Grothe would tuck it the next time and would get good yardage.

He is the only running back on this team that scares defenders.  No one is scared of Ben.  Hell, Nakamura Sumo-slammed him like a doll.  Jamar must've caught Ford's fumblitis.  But Mike friggin Ford will put a lick on a defender and that defender will go up to his teammates and say "hey, he hit me pretty hard, I need some help on that."  Then Grothe would be able to keep it and bolt it up field.

Appearance!!!!!  Ford has appearance!!!!!

Archived