• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You don't win football games kicking field goals

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Leavitt coaches too conservatively in the kicking game IMO.  He plays for the field goal way too often.  Rather than try and go for it on fourth and short he sends Delbert out for a 40+ yard FG that has about a 43% chance.  Or we punt on 4th and short and put the ball into the end zone for a 20 yard net punt. 

Just once I would like to see a fake FG attempt.  Have we ever???

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

Leavitt coaches too conservatively in the kicking game IMO.  He plays for the field goal way too often.  Rather than try and go for it on fourth and short he sends Delbert out for a 40+ yard FG that has about a 43% chance.  Or we punt on 4th and short and put the ball into the end zone for a 20 yard net punt. 

Yeah we saw a fake FG last week.  They scored a touchdown on it.  And a nice fake punt, also. 

• Content Count:  1,251

i dont think ive seen any trick plays period this year.....no reverses or anything

• Content Count:  85

Yeah we saw a fake FG last week.  They scored a touchdown on it.  And a nice fake punt, also. 

That was just greg shiano admitting he didnt think he could beat usf with his regular gameplan..... All gs does is play conservative..... Vs. Cincy we had like 5 4th and 3 4 and 4's from our own 45-40 and he would punt every time no questions asked.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

You're right......you don't win football games kicking field goals.......

ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU DON'T MAKE THEM!!

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

You're right......you don't win football games kicking field goals.......

ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU DON'T MAKE THEM!!

Amen MAB

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

We've had about 5 or 6 plays where the receiver runs the ball.  Look at the season stats for more info.  They haven't worked too well.

• Content Count:  1,894

I seen wr's open all day against uconn,we could of passed alot more...and ran when we needed it....fact is......why in the past two games have we stopped the roll out passes,they worked before were open,and if they aren't he runs it. We are really basic right now. I didn't think we wanted to fake fg or punt when we are suppose to win that game,maybe the rutgers, but this one. I know we are much better then them. We should of one with what we did, just poor execution.

• Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

What game are you watching?? 

Rutgers - 30-27 L - 1 FG missed, 1 FG blocked (6 points left off the board)

UConn - 22-15 L - 2 FG missed (6 points left off the board, score 16-0 at the half instead of 16-6)

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

leavitt is a fool for even going for a field goal at anytime

Archived