• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did Nick Capogna play

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

I don't remember seeing him play.  Did he?  If not, is he injured.  I spoke briefly with him after the FAU game and he said he was feeling OK.  But it was just in passing.  Does anyone know?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

Capogna got in for a few plays in the second half when Jake Griffin limped off the field. Griffin came back in on the next series and completed the game. Go Bulls!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  145

Jake has done a good job at center-- but are we missing out on improving the line strength by putting Nick back in at center and moving Jake to guard and shuffling another guy towards the tackle area?  I am not sure I like movng Dile from his original position to fill in for WW. I guess the coaches have a better handle on it -- just a thought

• Content Count:  919

I thought Carnes played OK.  I haven't watched the replay, but I only recall him getting beat once for a sack.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I like it best with Griffin @ center and Schmidt @ left guard.

Capogna is just too small @ 260 lbs., and it shows somewhat often when he's in there.

• Content Count:  172

I do not know Nick but he seems to be everything a student athlete is supposed to be. However, his size definitely hurts him in games. I recall him getting at least one holding call every game. He would get bull rushed off the ball, and have to hold. The problem was not his technique or desire, just his size(usually giving away at a minimum 25lbs). Its too bad we did not have a center ready to go when Jon Miller ended his run, I think Nick could have been a reliable blocking tight end(his original position). He is just to physically overmatched at center. Go Bulls!!

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I do not know Nick but he seems to be everything a student athlete is supposed to be. However, his size definitely hurts him in games. I recall him getting at least one holding call every game. He would get bull rushed off the ball, and have to hold. The problem was not his technique or desire, just his size(usually giving away at a minimum 25lbs). Its too bad we did not have a center ready to go when Jon Miller ended his run, I think Nick could have been a reliable blocking tight end(his original position). He is just to physically overmatched at center. Go Bulls!!

Exactly.

He's a tight end they tried to force-feed up to 285 lbs.

He topped out around 260.

Not big enough or strong enough for Big East defensive tackles.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  145

perhaps he's not the ideal center based on those terms-- but if you are thin at the OL and youhave an experienced center, can you leverage that?

Guest JulmisteForPrez

perhaps he's not the ideal center based on those terms-- but if you are thin at the OL and youhave an experienced center, can you leverage that?

Well, until one of the interior three go down, he needs to remain a backup.

If one of our guards or Griffin cannot go, then maybe he should see some time.

That being said, I noticed Genus in there at left guard for a few plays on Saturday.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Well, until one of the interior three go down, he needs to remain a backup.

If one of our guards or Griffin cannot go, then maybe he should see some time.

That being said, I noticed Genus in there at left guard for a few plays on Saturday.

He had a couple good plays, too.  I didn't see him (I wasn't specifically looking though) after he took a holding penalty.

Archived